I'm baa-aack!

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Ronni, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Crazy time this last several months!!

I've been MIA due to a variety of life situations, but primarily because my son in law was hospitalized with undiagnosed gut pain, finally resulting in two separate surgeries that left him debilitated and convalescing, so I've been Mrs. Dad to my two grand babies while helping my daughter Paige navigate life without her hands-on husband to assist her. I was grateful I could help, but man! I have been SO tired! Running around after two small children is definitely not for us old folks...good thing I'm so fit and was able to stay on top of things...but I FELL into bed at night I was so pooped! :sleeping:

Things are better now. William is back at work, though there some hefty medical bills not covered by insurance. :( I am so grateful he makes a really good income and that they will be able to pull out of this over time. Paige does an excellent job of managing their finances, and will budget to pay off the medical costs in a timely manner.

Things are more or less back to normal now.....well, except for a new and very unexpected development in my own life.... I have an amazing new boyfriend. See, even us senior citizens can find happiness in the relationship department! :smt050

Going to go read now, and catch up on everyone's doings.

Cayuga Morning, Sjoerd and Droopy like this.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. eileen
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Kildale
      Replies:
      Views:

3. Pianolady

Pianolady In Flower

Welcome back!

Ronni likes this.
  4. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Best wishes to your son-in-law Ronni and welcome back :like:

Ronni likes this.
  5. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

GLAD to have you back with us. Also very happy to hear that your son-in-law is recovering so well.
    So, give us more info about this new guy in your life so we can determine if he is worthy of you!!!

Ronni likes this.

Advertisement
  6. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Gosh Ronni you've dealt with a lot since we last heard from you. I'm so pleased that your son-in-law is now back at work and feeling much better. Pass on our good wishes to him won't you?
    Please don't tease us with the 'amazing new boyfriend' and just leave it there!! :rolleyes: We want to know everything from his shoe size to seeing a photograph of him. ;) The least you could do girl is give us his name. I'm really pleased for you and I hope you two have a long and happy relationship.
    WELCOME HOME!!

Ronni likes this.
  7. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

Welcome back Ronni:wave: I'm with everyone else CONGRATS:setc_005: Who his he, how did you meet. You know the drill.:smt057

Ronni likes this.
  8. zuzu's petals

zuzu's petals Silly Old Bat Plants Contributor

Welcome back :wave: from another "returnee".

Ronni likes this.
  9. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

Welcome back Ronni...sounds like you had a busy and hectic time. It is never to late to find someone and it is so much nicer to have a boyfriend to do things with. I hated going out for lunch alone when my husband was traveling, so much nicer to have someone to talk with and laugh...:)

Ronni likes this.
  10. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Oh my goodness Ronni ... WELCOME BACK!
    A new boyfriend? Oh do tell!

Ronni likes this.
  11. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

I'm glad to hear that you son-in-law is well enough to go back to work now and you can relax a little. Though it sounds like you're busy with your new beau! We're all curious about him so 'fess up'.

Ronni likes this.
  12. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Aww....thank y'all for such a warm welcome back! :smt057 And yes, we're very relieved that William recovered so easily and quickly, considering the surgical impact!

Well! Had no idea my love life would garner such interest!! :snicker: OK, you want details, here they are.

Random meeting. His name is Ned, he's 65, retired for several years, lives off his investments. One marriage one divorce. Married late, so he has two boys still in last year of high school, and college. The high schooler lives with his Mom, the college kid lives with Ned, but is studying out of state.

I really, seriously thought I was done with men. Not in any bad way, just, y'know....I'm 62, menopausal, have a very full and happy life with family, friends, dance, garden, dogs...all the things that make me happy. Then this man steps in my way......and BAM!! :sete_056:

Not my "type" at all....I have always tended to go for tall, athletic, distinguished. He sort of looks like a tough mountain man type....craggy face, full beard, balding. Nonetheless there was an instant connection, and we've been dating for several months, and it's really quite amazing. I won't gush too much.....;) but I'm very, very happy.

I think I have a picture that I can share......hang on.......

OK, so I really wanted a picture of him, and I kept forgetting to take one when we were together. Finally told him to take a picture of himself and send it to me....he grumbled, "Baby, I don't DO selfies" but complied after I said pretty please. :rolleyes: This is that...and you can tell he's not thrilled with the idea. ;)

[​IMG]

13. zuzu's petals

zuzu's petals Silly Old Bat Plants Contributor

Aww, :smt057 That's a terrific love story, Ronni. He's a cutie. :like:
    It's those "not my type" fellows who can really sneak in and steal your heart away, isn't it? ;)

Ronni likes this.
  14. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

You should never tie yourself down to what you can sometimes mistakenly consider 'your type of guy' The heart knows what it wants and doesn't see 'type' just another heart it can connect with. Glad you both found each other and are having a good time together.

Ronni likes this.
  15. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I didn't think Ian wasn't my type either Ronni but we've been together for over four decades so I think it's safe to say that I'm getting used to him now!! I'm so pleased that you met Ned and persuaded him to show us his photograph. Now all we need is to see one of the two of you together - greedy ain't we? :chuckle: I'm just glad that you found each other and make one another happy.

Ronni likes this.
  16. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

I'm happy for you. No matter if he is your type or not, he seems to make you happy and that is what matters!

Ronni likes this.