I'm feeling old today!

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by dooley, Sep 4, 2015.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Our youngest son is turning 48 years old today. It's started me thinking about how old I am now. Normally I just go about life without thinking about birthdays and age until one of the boys has a birthday and I remember I was 21 when I had the first one, 23 when I had the second one and 25 when our youngest was born. They are all doing great. Our oldest is a professor at the University of Washington in Richmond, our middle has a degree in electronic instrumentation and works in an open pit copper mine keeping all those huge vehicles and shovels working and the youngest is a pediatrition. (a children's doctor). We have six grandchildren and we are very proud of our family.
    dooley

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. eileen
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Kildale
      Replies:
      Views:

3. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

You should feel proud of your sons, and they should be proud of you and DR, too. Breeding will tell, and that is why your sons, and your six grandchildren have turned out so well. Congratulations!

4. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

dooley, Lucky you with all that family.....6 grandchildren....you are even more lucky......

5. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

Congratulations on such a wonderful family. Give yourself a pat on the back.

Advertisement
  6. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I know just what you mean Dooley. My eldest lad is 43 and I really don't feel old enough to be the mother of a middle aged man!! I don't have grandchildren but when I look at my three 'kids' I feel proud to be their mother as they haven't turned out too bad. Guess Ian and I did something right after all. ;)

7. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

I try to keep the old saying "your only as old as you feel" in my mind and I just don't feel old enough to have 6 grandchildren and 5 great-grand children. My oldest great-grand child is 12 years old!

Frank likes this.