I'm going traveling!

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by TheBip, Oct 20, 2016.

1. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

Tomorrow, the bf (Karl) and I are driving up to Indy to collect his sister (Kris), and we're all flying to JFK airport, where we'll be meeting up with their parents (Linda and Kai) who are flying up from their home in Florida.
    Then, we're all flying to Barcelona, Spain! We'll stay there a few days, wandering around the city, before getting on a cruise ship, the Norwegian Spirit, and taking a 12 day cruise. We'll be visiting France, Croatia, Montenegro, Greece and Italy. Our cruise ends in Venice, where we'll also spend a few days, before flying back home.
    Of course I'll be taking lots of photos to share :D

Jewell, Frank, Sjoerd and 2 others like this.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Kiasmum
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. eileen
      Replies:
      Views:

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Oh how exciting Jen.:smt026 I'm sure you'll all have a wonderful time and I'll look forward to seeing your photographs on your return.

4. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

Wow!!! Jen that is going to be a great holiday. Europe is such a interesting place to visit. When in Barcelona, the Tapas is a must try. :)

Bon Voyage.

5. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Oh good. I can't wait to see your foto's and read your account.
    I am excited for you, Bip.
    Bon voyage.

Advertisement
  6. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

That sounds really excellent Bip! You'll have a wonderful time. Looking forward to photos :stew1:

7. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

It sounds wonderful and a chance of a lifetime...I am envious of you with getting to visit and have a wonderful vacation. Take plenty of pictures...we will be waiting for you to share it with us.

8. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Do have a nice trip. Looking forward to hearing about it... Do enjoy..

9. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

This is amazing!!! Yes, lots of photos please!!!

10. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

WOW, what a trip!!!! Have fun, stay safe.

11. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

Right now Im sitting in JFK airport with everyone. We've got a 6 hour layover, our flight to Barcelona leaves at 9 *bleh*

12. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Hang in there, Bip.

13. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

We made it! We're on the bus to our hotel. Well, we'll have to do a bit of walking, maybe a bit less than 1 mile. Then get settled in and head out to find lunch. The time difference between here and home is 6 hours, so it's only 8am at home.

After we got settled in at the hotel, we went walking for a few hours. Visited this lovely old building that used to be a monastery. I think its a parish or something. At one point we passed these girls eating slices of interesting looking pizza, and we quickly found the shop thry came from. I had pizza with some kind of cheese, a leafy green and tomatoes. The tomatoes were the only thing I recognized lol Im unable to load pics at the moment, but when I can, i took a pic of it haha

For dinner we sat at an outdoor table and had tapas. Ours was a type of ham, salami, a cheese, shrimp and mozzarella with tomatoes. I had a white sangria (I didnt get carded, which is a strange thing for an American lol) white got me pretty buzzed. After dinner we wandered over to a McDonald's which had an electronic ordering system. Didn't buy anything, just wanted to giggle over the differences :p

Then we went back to the hotel and crashed. Now it's 3am local time and I'm wide awake *sigh*

Ill update this post as I go through the day :)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
    Frank likes this.
  14. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

Wow! I'm excited for you! Take lots of pictures and have fun.

15. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

If I can figure out how to add a new album on photobucket on my phone, Ill post the link.

Today was interesting. We woke up about 2am, wide awake. We figured it was because it was only 9pm at home, so our bodies probably thought it was just naptime haha So we spent a bit of time nibbling on granola bars.
    We finally got back to sleep about 530, and woke up again at 7 to get ready for breakfast.
    After, we went walking. We visited a cathedral and walked some more. We had ice cream for lunch, then went and visited the underground ruins of the original city of Barcelona. Then we went to the Hash, Hemp and Marihuana Museum. Then we stumbled upon a Tapas restaurant that was literally just opening for dinner. We had a tapas buffet (a few weren't that great, but most were pretty good. Then we got rice (I didnt like it, the texture got to me) and a brownie for dessert (I ate it, but it annoys me that restaurants always put nuts in their brownies! That's sacrilege! ). Then back to the hotel :)

16. LIcenter

LIcenter In Flower

Sounds like fun! I worked for KLM airlines for ten years, but can't say as I've ever been to Barcelona. If you can, try to hook up with a few locals so you can really find out where the good places to eat are, and where the most interesting places are to see. Have a great time!