I'm ready to garden

Discussion in 'Flower Gardening' started by Ms kitty 01, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Ms kitty 01

Ms kitty 01 In Flower

It is going to be 65 f here next week. I'm ready to garden. I have to get my new sedum and semp bed ready to plant. I bought some sand today to mix with the soil.i ordered sedums, semps and jovibarbas. Hope there are other succulent lovers here.

2. Loading...

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

I'm ready to garden too!! Sadly, Mother Nature isn't co-operating with my plans and I will have to settle for re-potting some indoor plants.

DawnsGarden likes this.
  4. Clay_22

Clay_22 In Flower

I'm sooo ready just waiting for all this snow to melt.

5. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

I wanna garden, I wanna garden! Our temps haven't cooperated in February and so far in March, and the ground is so soggy we can't even make a trench to plant potatoes without it filling with water.
    This is not the sunny, warm, plant-your-garden-in-February Texas that I moved to, and somebody better fix it fast!

Henry Johnson likes this.

Advertisement
  6. Clay_22

Clay_22 In Flower

From what I've heard on TV. Texas needed this water.

7. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

I am ready but our weather isn't...way too early for us in Wisconsin to put anything in the ground or to start digging. It should be ready the end of April, if Mother Nature is August 9, 2014 051 (2).jpg willing to cooperate....I was checking out photos and dreaming and deciding if anything should be changed.

Sjoerd and DawnsGarden like this.
  8. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

That foto of Black-Eyed-Susans and the Hinge Flowers look smashing.
    Are they bloming there now?! It was taken last summer or fall, right?
    Well, it is a lovely foto that makes me feel warm.

9. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

Sjoerd...that is an old photo . Everything is brown here yet. The trees are starting to bud and we get a nice day and then back to the 30's and 40's so far...

10. Ms kitty 01

Ms kitty 01 In Flower

It is too cold here today to do any gardening. I started way too early. I'm having to cover everything at night. Next year I'll wait until much later. Love the plants. Black eyed Susans are one of my favorites.

11. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

Ms Kitty...I am sorry you have to cover your plants, I think we all get caught up in planting and hoping the weather stays nice. I don't think we will be able to plant until May, still chilly here at times.

Ms kitty 01 likes this.
  12. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

I spent every day last week getting the vegetable gardens planted. My dear husband gave the two big gardens and the seasonal garden a quick till, and then I went to it--tomatoes, peppers, peas, squash, beans, lettuces. We usually stagger the plantings, with tomatoes and peppers bringing up the rear, but this year has been so soggy, so chilly, and so overcast that I'm way behind on everything.
    Good news is that the potatoes I put in on St. Patrick's Day are up and ready for hilling, and the onions are looking good. The carrots are just breaking through and I have yet to see any evidence of spinach or radishes. All of this is in the three new gardens behind the barn where the soil is sandier and drains faster.
    At some time pigs were kept here--did you know that pig raisers put lots of sand in the pens so the pigs' leg muscles will develop better? I never knew that until my green thumb friend down the road was talking about the year he kept pigs. The next year he decided he could keep pigs or keep his wife, and pigs can't cook.

Jewell and Henry Johnson like this.