Interior Design and Edible Gardening

Discussion in 'Interior Design' started by nasherrington, Mar 16, 2015.

1. nasherrington

nasherrington New Seed

Hi,

Just wondering what innovative ideas and designs people are doing or have seen to integrate interior design and edible indoor gardening. I'm currently designing an aquaponics bed built into the kitchen counter utilising the clean (not soapy) waste water from the sink. A compost tea drip system will be installed in the waste water pipe to increase nutrification (not presently an actual word I know).

Other examples, vertical green walls, gutter systems, window bottle systems, indoor growing systems, solar light tubes to provide light to windowless rooms.

Thanks,
    Nick

2. Loading...

3. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

I'm afraid my edible indoor gardening is limited to a pot of Italian flat-leaf parsley, and a pot of thyme on my kitchen windowsill. The pots are contained in gourd bowls that we grew. Does that count as interior design?

4. nasherrington

nasherrington New Seed

I think that counts. :)

5. helgajones

helgajones New Seed

Hello everyone. Thank you for sharing your questions. I think that it is always a fun hobby to integrate interior design to our gardens. It is up to you what type of plants like flowers and trees that you would like to plant in your garden. You just have to be creative enough to make it work. Have a nice day gardening. ;):)