Isn't it nice to feel safe in your home?

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by eileen, Jul 2, 2015.

1. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Not that I'd know much about that!!

Last night we had a tempestuous thunder storm. There was sheet lightning every few seconds that lit up the whole village. The Thunder was booming right over our cottage, and sounded as though we were in a war zone. The lashing rain was like bags full of giant marbles being emptied on the roof. Now I'm not in the least afraid of storms thank goodness as my two 'boys' were of absolutely no use to me at all. Ian and the dog never even twitched a muscle let alone an eyelid throughout the whole thing.:rolleyes: Somehow I don't hold out much hope of them protecting me if anyone decided to break into the house. :setf_050:

Jewell likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

funny Eileen... I am one that dislikes storms, I have been alone in a couple big ones years ago and trees came down and damage to the property everywhere... I hope everything was alright afterwards...

4. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Funny, you're all the way over there in Scotland, and I'm here in Nashville, and yet you could have been describing the storm we had here last night! It has been storming off and on for the past 24 hours.

Last night on my way home from work, I was stuck in a long line of traffic because a tree had come down across the only road that leads to my subdivision. I was NOT happy about that!

I'm glad you're fine after the storm. Poke Ian and the dog in the ribs next time, and tell 'em to get up and keep you company!! ;)

Jewell likes this.
  5. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

We had one of those storms earlier this week, and lost a big limb off our front yard hackberry tree (definitely in the running for "most brittle tree in the universe"). Luckily it hit nothing and we have a tree crew coming to take care of it.
    I feel perfectly safe in my home. If anyone broke in, they'd look around, leave a donation, and depart.

Jewell likes this.