June 2015 Gardening To-Do List

Discussion in 'Gardening Other' started by Frank, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Almost halfway though 2015 already! What is on your gardening wish list / to-do list for June? :stew2:

2. Loading...

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Still lots to do in the gardens here Frank. I am still planting veggies and flowers, pruning trees and shrubs, as well as starting to harvest things ... asparagus, rhubarb, and soon currents and strawberries. Things are constantly changing in the gardens too, so deadheading is weeding is a must.

Cayuga Morning likes this.
  4. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

Actually our summer is just starting. I still need to plant my annuals in the front garden but we've had so much rain, and with clay soil, Ican't get out and mess with it or it turns to hard clods. I took a chance on a zone 5 Weigela and it has froze down to the ground each winter so I'm going to replace it with something a little hardier. I also need to fill in some gaps in the front island bed and also plant 2 non-climbing clematis. There's still a lot for me to do if it ever quits raining.

5. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

According to my predictions, the great faucet in the sky has shut off with the beginning of June and the ground is drying out quickly...but then so are the plants. It is supposed to be a cooler/wetter summer than we have had in several years but then considering the drought we had any temps under 95 degrees and rain amount over 1/4th inch will cover that prediction.

But when I can get out there are still several clean up projects, transplanting of some plants that it might already be too late to get done safely and a few plants to get in the ground in the shade bed.

Advertisement
  6. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Unusually dry year. Water and weed. Way behind in my weeding. Take a breathe and enjoy the beauty of plants, clouds, and the sounds of nature. If not now, then when?

7. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

I found myself clicking 'like' 'like' 'like' to all the above comments!

Jewell, I love your sentiment: 'Take a breathe and enjoy the beauty of plants, clouds, and the sounds of nature. If not now, then when?' Yes. A thought to live by.

Toni, your image of 'the great faucet in the sky' is memorable...I do hope your weather cooperates a bit with you.

2ofus, I have long been intrigued by the non-climbing clematises. (what is the plural of clematis?). I even tried one, ('Bijou') but it succumbed to the lawn mover. If you try a non climber, will you let us know how it goes?

Netty, I am envious of your strawberry, asparagus, rhubarb & currant harvest!

My gardens still need a lot of work....but I try to remember Jewell's sentiment & just do what I can, while taking time to enjoy the growing things around me.

8. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

Oh lord. Mainly weeding. This place I moved to has a LOT of weeds, Karl isnt exactly keen on doing it himself *lol*

9. Rizwana khan

Rizwana khan New Seed

Hi everyone. I just wanted to check about ghis "gondi " . When I was 8 or 9 years old I used to eat gondi alot. I liked it too much. Now I just wanted to findout on Google the advantages of this fruit. And I found this forum I am lucky it's a nice community forum. In karachi there are many trees with fruits which I used to eat . And this gondi I used to repair my kites as well. It's a useful fruit. Now I will check what is the advantage of this fruit in health.

10. Riccur

Riccur Seedling

I am looking to make a nice center piece for my patio table using the flowers that I have surrounding my deck. Any ideas from anyone here?