Junquing trip last weekend, things were calling me and I had to go

Discussion in 'Garden Junk' started by toni, Jul 13, 2015.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

It is dangerous to the psyche or soul and spirit of a junquer to ignore the call of the junque. And I am not about to take a chance of damaging my spirit so we took off Friday morning for one of our favorite road trips. Down Texas Highway 377 from Ft. Worth to Granbury. Three great shops along the way and then there is Witherspoon's in Granbury. Spent the night at a really nice small hotel in Granbury then Saturday morning repeated the process in reverse.
    Had not realized how many times we had been to Witherspoon's until Saturday morning when one of the ladies greeted us with "Hi, you're back" .... she had not been there Friday when we stopped by so she remembered us from at least one of our previous trips over the years.

I had promised myself that I would not load up on small things and save my shopping for something larger. Of course, I didn't say this out loud to Randy just in case I found a passel of small things that I could not resist.

The bowl will become a bird feeder out back mounted to the top of a cedar post.
    The crate will be painted and used to hold genealogy files.
    The doodad.
    A green door.
    Bird feeder to be.
    Decorative fence pieces, makes an 8 foot fence.
    Green planter
    The screen I think will hold a Sedum garden next Spring.
    Very old chair using mortise and tenon joining and only $14 dollars!!!
    Chair where it will be used when it is made safe and the spinning wheel (which I have had for years) gets cleaned and ready to use.
    And the piece de resistance of this trip....a gate leg wood table for $40
    And the table in place ready for use.
    J.bowl.JPG J.crate1.JPG J.doodad.JPG J.Door.JPG J.feeder.JPG J.fence.JPG J.greenbox.JPG J.screen.JPG J.chair.JPG J.chairinplace.JPG J.table.JPG J.tableinplace.JPG

2ofus, Frank, S-H and 1 other person like this.
  2. Loading...

3. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Toni, you see junque, and all its possibilities! Great finds, and it sounds as if you had a very nice trip!

4. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Ooops, I realized I forgot two items.

Randy found this chest in the cowboy theme (real cowboys not the fake ones on the football field) for holding his diabetes testing supplies.
    And two shelf brackets. I have a growing collection of shelf brackets, cause another thing I really love are shelves, especially along the top of windows (wasted space put to use) and I collect anything with Stars on them. J.chest.JPG

J.brackets.JPG

In getting things ready to for their photo shoot, I realized that two things I found at the first store didn't get put in our bag. Not really worth a trip back down there but.......there is a fantastic Texas native plants nursery on the way, Weston Gardens, .....soooooo....ummm, do I see another trip coming up soon?

Frank and eileen like this.
  5. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    What a nice collection. I especially like your gate leg table, but then I am partial to them. Have four myself and find them extremely handy.

Advertisement
  6. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Gosh Toni you've surpassed yourself this time.:D I love the bowl, the doodad, the (soon to be) bird feeder, table and brackets. However my favourite has got to be the chest!! :heart:

7. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

I love the green planter and of course the wonderful table Toni! You always manage to find items that make members salivate :p Shall you be painting the bird feeder?

8. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

What fabulous finds! I like them all but my favorites are the shelf brackets, fencing, the box, and of course the gate leg table. I wished I could go on a Junque trip with you sometime.