Just saying hi to everyone

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by AAnightowl, May 24, 2016.

1. AAnightowl

AAnightowl Young Pine

We almost had the internet back, but the phone company bailed out after they had sent the modem kit to the kids, and claim that they have no available ports, and told the kids to return the kit. So, I am back at the library when I can get here.

My mower is finally repaired, and my yard is looking more civilized again. I am working on doing the trim work by hand. Everything is blooming, and my garden looks pretty good. I am hoping to plant my seeds on Wednesday, but heavy rains are in the forecast. My strawberries are producing already, and I have been munching on them while working in my garden. The blueberries on the dwarf bush are ripening. The two other bushes are not old enough to bear until next summer. I put them in tubs so they will be safer. The taters are doing nicely, and the tomato and pepper plant babies. I was late getting the spinach in the ground, so don't know on it. The onions are doing excellent, and the rhubarb looks real good. I need to get more weeding done. ... Something at my brand new petunias the first night. And the chives are recovering from the depredations of some vermin also. My thyme is still so teeny tiny, and not doing anything. Will look for more seed/plants next week when I run errands again.

I am supposed to become great grandma any day now, and am waiting to hear from DG when he arrives.

Love to all of you.
    AAnightowl

2ofus, Frank and Philip Nulty like this.
  2. Loading...

3. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

Wow! Sounds like you have everything under control ;) How exciting, a new baby!!! I found out I am to be a great aunt. I told my mother I'm already a "great" aunt, but she didn't get the joke :rolleyes: Love to you too, go spoil that baby!!! :heart:

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

A grand baby to welcome into the world - fantastic news!! :smt026I hope you'll take lots of photographs 'cause we do love to see the newest member of the next generation. :headbang:
    Sounds as though your garden is doing well for you this year. I just hope your petunias survive being munched on as they're such lovely flowers.

Philip Nulty likes this.
  5. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

Hi, It's good to hear from you. It sounds like your garden is doing really good. I love fresh strawberries right off the plant also. So sweet! AND your going to be a Great-Grandma! Please let us know when he arrives and post pictures.

Philip Nulty likes this.

Advertisement
  6. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Hey! :smt039 Nice to see you back.

And BIG congratulations on becoming a Great Grandma!!

Philip Nulty likes this.
  7. kate

kate In Flower

Congrats on becoming (soon) a great grandma!

Philip Nulty likes this.
  8. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Welcome back Anightowl!! and CONGRATS! That is great news!

9. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

I hope you will be back permanently from home in the near future....it sounds like your yard is doing great. I haven't put any seeds down yet...we have been having some heavy rainfalls too and I didn't want the seeds washed away.

Congratulations on almost becoming a Great Grandmother...I hope it is soon and everything is fine. Having little ones in the family brings so much joy to everyone...