King or Queen size bed

Discussion in 'Interior Design' started by inkaytown, Dec 22, 2008.

1. inkaytown

inkaytown New Seed

Hello Designers,

My Master Bedroom is 15 foot in width and 14.7 foot in Length.What would you recommend to go with - A King size or Queen? I wanted to place a bed, dresser, mirror and night stand(s). NO CHEST!!

I tried with an online tool arranging the furniture, queen bed looks little small and king looks little tight with two night stands.

And, here are the plans

King Size Bed

Queen Size Bed

I appreciate if you can post your pics or any suggestions....

Thanks

2. Loading...

3. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

How big are the night stands? It would depend on whether you wanted a little room to move around or basically wall to wall bed. A king sounds like it would be too crowded for my taste. But it is your room, so ultimately you would need to decide.

4. gabrules

gabrules New Seed

It always depends on the size of the furniture that you are putting in the room. In a room of that size I would usually go with a queen. It makes the room look more spacious and open. On the other hand, if the furniture can be arranged in a way that you would still have room to walk around and get dressed it should be ok to put a king.

5. alena

alena New Seed

Hi.......,
    I think if you are thinking about a double, a full or a Queen size bed? Any of these sizes fit in a normal room, but many couples feel that a full or double bed (they are the same thing is definitely too narrow for anything more than an occasional night's sleep. A Queen size bed gives each one a bit more room without taking up too much more floor space.

Advertisement
  6. kdavisinteriors

kdavisinteriors New Seed

HI...I think a queen size bed would fit best in a room that size. Like others have said..it will make the room feel more spacious. My goal in every room I design is to make it feel as spacious as possible. You also have to consider how large the other pieces of furniture are that you are placing in the room. My rule of thumb is to choose furniture that is size appropriate to the space you are putting it in. For a small room I try to have a minimum of 4-6 inches between the nightstand and the wall on each side when possible.
    Hope this helps!

7. janicejan

janicejan New Seed

I will go for queen size bed, to have much space for other furniture, but it mainly depend on your choice.. and the type of furniture you will be placing in your room, but for me having a spacious room is more relaxing~

8. jde

jde New Seed

I would go queen size, would definatley give the room more volume and also more space for other accents to match the bed.

9. SusieQ07

SusieQ07 In Flower

Definitely Queen..

10. bsewnsew

bsewnsew Hardy Maple

Queen.

My choice also.

Mine has dresser chest and nite stand......We like it.

Poster bed.

11. mike5619

mike5619 New Seed

Great Interior Design Software Inkaytown

Hi all,

I was reading your posts and had a look at the interior layout software you were using, its great, I have now included it on my website, very handy tool. Hope you found the bed you were looking for.

Cheers,

Mike. :-D

12. bsewnsew

bsewnsew Hardy Maple

I seen that software in action on HGTV..........

coolish..