Knitting, it's what I do instead of cleaning house : )

Discussion in 'Hobbies and Crafts' started by toni, Jul 10, 2017.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I spent most of last summer and fall working on these, some went to the Women's Shelter and some were holiday gifts for my grandkids.
    Assorted sizes and all went to the Women's shelter.... and yes I did weave in the ends before delivering them.
    Scarves.JPG

This is the funnest and easiest pattern for ponchos that I love to use..also Women's Shelter.
    Ponchos.JPG

I made my daughters and our grandson's girl friend reading shawls, so they could keep warm while sitting in bed reading. And from what I have heard back they have all been used many times.
    readingshawl1.JPG

Cayuga Morning, Sjoerd and 2ofus like this.
  2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Oh my you have been busy haven't you? Everything is gorgeous and I'd find it hard to pick just one as a favourite. I love the colours and patterns. I'm sure that each and every one is going to be really appreciated.

4. toni

Thanks Eileen, all of those I made this time last year but I have already got several projects going for this year. And since I changed yarn on those Dr. Who scarves I was working on the last one up to about a week before Christmas.

This year I have one baby afghan almost finished and yarn and pattern for another one in waiting. These will be going to Project Linus along with two my m-i-l did for them too.
    I am hoping to get at least one project for me finished and ready to wear if we get cold weather next winter. It's been years since I wore something I made for myself.:eek:

Cayuga Morning and 2ofus like this.
  5. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

They are really nice and will be appreciated for years to come.....I see people who talk about their special person who made a afghan that lays on their couch or bed and they have such warm feelings about it.

2ofus likes this.

Advertisement
  6. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Great looking stuff, Toni.
    You must be a popular lady, if you gift or sell some of these. I know the Shelter folks are really happy with these.

7. toni

Thanks you all, I enjoy knitting and since collecting yarn is one of my hobbies it's nice to have an outlet so I don't feel so guilty about my stash.

8. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

LOVELY! :) :)

9. marlingardener

marlingardener Strong Ash

Toni, what a great way to spend the hot months--making beautiful knitted items for others. Do I remember correctly that you also donate to the Linus Project?
    Not all of us have your talent and ability, but I'm sure we can all find an outlet to fill the days when we can't be outside. Or even when we don't WANT to be outside!

10. toni

That's right Jane, I have two baby afghans ready to deliver to the closest yarn shop that accepts them.....and it is a great place for finding new yarn :rolleyes: