Last day to get Windows 10 Free

Discussion in 'Computer and Internet' started by SusieQ07, Jul 28, 2016.

1. SusieQ07

SusieQ07 In Flower

For those who procrastinated yes today is the last day or W10 home will cost $129.00 and W10 Pro $199.00. I have been running W10 on all of my PC's for a year now and it's awesome! plus all the many folks I've had to help over the yrs. with other OS's are doing well with it so well that my life as a tech support helper to many, many seniors is getting boring LOL in other words I am barely needed and that's a good thing.
    Just remember before you do install, make sure you uninstall any anti virus software other then MS essentials or defender and also any crap cleaners, maleware scanners or registry fixers etc. then there should be no fails or glitches, and follow what comes up on your screen and accept if asked. Install can go fast or slow depending on your internet speed and amt. of files on your hd. so be patient and wait it out. On laptops use elec. not battery.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2016
    Philip Nulty likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. Raddang

Raddang In Flower

I have had Win10 since it was released on free download. I get on fine with it but I do get the occasional 'freeze' which I understand is a common problem not yet resolved. I have also found that some older programs will not run on Win10 but overall I like it, it boots quickly, and is fast enough for me. :like:

Philip Nulty likes this.
  4. SusieQ07

SusieQ07 In Flower

You might want to look into that "freeze" thing because on my 4 PC's I have no issue of freeze nor do any of the many folks I speak with or anyone on the windows forum made any mention of it. It may be browser related, depending on which browser you are using or it may be processes running in the back grd. using a lot of CPU's or even RAM/memory.

Philip Nulty likes this.
  5. Raddang

Raddang In Flower

Thanks Susie. I am using Google but will first check what is running in the background, then possibly go back to Firefox. I stuck with Google because so much else is google based and seem to be more compatible. Picasa, G+, Gmail etc. :like:

Philip Nulty likes this.

Advertisement
  6. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

I've had W10 for about half a year or so now and haven't had any problems with it. Had a few minor adjustments to get used to when I first installed it but overall it has done well.

7. SusieQ07

SusieQ07 In Flower

A year and a half?? it's only been out exactly 1 yr. as of July 29th. 2016, W10 came out 2015 July 29th.
    I use Picasa and no issues, and I only use the new Edge browser which is great! I do however use FF for Java run senior chat rooms and Edge does not accept Java.

8. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

She said "about half a year"

Islandlife likes this.
  9. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

@SusieQ07 - I've had Windows10 about 6 months :)

10. SusieQ07

SusieQ07 In Flower

oh, sorry I misread that, my bad! LOL

Islandlife likes this.