Life Slowly Returns To Normal

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Sjoerd, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

I've moved so much in my life, I sure don't like the whole moving evolution. I do however like the end result...a new, (to me) home, new vistas, new neighborhood to explore and get used to.

I hope you're settled in enough to be able to relax and enjoy your new digs!

Sjoerd and Philip Nulty like this.
  2. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

I was reading on here again today and stopped and counted the moves I've made in my lifetime. I think I've lived in 38 different homes in my 76 years of age. I'm sure that 14 of those have been since 1961 when I got married. It takes time to settle into a home after you move but life has a way of compensating you for your move. You will enjoy your new home when you are settled in and make it your own. dooley

3. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Thanks RONNI--Yes, it is already beginning to feel like home to me now. You are right about the end result compensating for a lot.

Those sound like wise words, DOOLEY--You certainly have the experience with 38 moves under your belt. Crikey!

Cayuga Morning and Philip Nulty like this.
  4. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

Your pictures are beautiful....as for moving, I am tired of getting our home ready for sale in a few months plus I will have to be extra neat in the gardens. I can't wait until I can work in them. Our new home will not have a basement, living on the lake is different but we will have plenty of storage in the garage attic. I am happy for you and your bride Sjoerd...enjoy your new home.:);)

Philip Nulty and Sjoerd like this.

Advertisement
  5. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Thank you so much, SHERRY--Oh dear me...where will you keep the wine? chuckle. No basement, but as you said--the storage in the garage is good. Storage area is a problem in every home, I believe. We did not have enough at our other place, but this one has a bit more, and we are quite thankful for that.

6. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

WOW!!!!! What a lovely lovely set of views you have now Sjoerd. I do hope you will be able to stay there for quite some time.

So, those flowers you posted. Are they from your lottie or from your new place?

So glad you are finally (almost) settled in your new digs. I hope you really enjoy it. Best wishes to your wife too.

Philip Nulty likes this.
  7. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Thanks CAYUGA--We are planning on staying here until we are very old and have to be wheeled out to a nursing home or something. hahaha.

The flowers are all in the lottie. The new place is a flat up in the air. We do have a balcony but no plants there yet. We are growing some geraniums to plant in the flower boxes that we recently found.

Thanks for your well-wishes and I shall pass along your well-wishes to the Bride.

8. hummerbum

hummerbum Young Pine

Hi there Sjoerd...found this by accident!! Congrats on your move...beautiful views and more space!! Nice. I'm bruised beyond bruised and look like i have chicken pox on my legs from those darn boxes. One more move to do in a couple of years.

Cayuga Morning and Sjoerd like this.
  9. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

I know what you mean about the bruising. I wound up looking like a leopard after the move. Funny thing was that I did not recall a single bump or scratch at the time, but I was well-shocked when I saw myself in the mirror whilst drying-off after a shower.

hummerbum and Cayuga Morning like this.
  10. Growingpains

Growingpains Young Pine

Sjoerd, I absolutely love your new home, view and everything. This may sound odd, but I identify with your table runner, or perhaps you call it a scarf ? The flower vase is unique. All of it is lovely. I assume within a bike ride of your lottie ?

hummerbum and Cayuga Morning like this.
  11. Cayuga Morning

Sjoerd, how about some herbs on that balcony? Or are you out to the lottie every day anyway so you don't need fresh herbs just out your door?

Re bruises, I was cutting off dead branches from an evergreen tree. My sawing arm got tired so I began yanking at one of them. I threw my whole weight into the enterprise & when the branch finally snapped, I managed to impale my arm into one of the snags! HUGE bruise, like a pillow on my arm! And the cut looked like a smiley face!

12. Growingpains

Growingpains Young Pine

Cayuga, I trust you're keeping a close eye on that cut ? Watching for a red streak ?

13. Cayuga Morning

@Growingpains Thank you for your concern. Yes, my husband suggested I see the MD. It is fine, just unsightly!

Sjoerd and Growingpains like this.
  14. Growingpains

Growingpains Young Pine

Cayuga, you sound just like I do when injured. Oh, it will be fine. Just keep an eye on it.

Sjoerd and Cayuga Morning like this.
  15. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Hey GROWING--That table runner is actually an old table cloth that I had on the old table in my old flat. It doesn't fit that new table, but I am just going to keep on using it until I have the time to search for a new one. That flower vase in a nice one. It was a house-warming gift from a neighbour back over at the old flat. I like it too, it is just right if I want to bring home 3 or 4 flowers from the lottie. I am still within a bike's ride to the lottie...just a different route. Finding new routes home and to the lottie has been fun.

CAYU--I shall definitely have some herbs on the balcony, even though I go to the lottie every day. I have some in the greenhouse there already. I shall just have to bring them home as soon as there is room for them on the balcony. The balcony is currently full of veggie plantlets that I am hardening-off.
    Crikey...that sounds like a nasty injury you had there. I suspect that it is beginning to look a bit like a rainbow by now. ---Heal thyself, physician. ;)
    It sounds like you and GP are tough cookies.

Cayuga Morning likes this.