Look What's Growing!!!

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by hummerbum, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Those foto's look really good. You really captured the plants and that lovely strawb just right. I can see why you gobbled it right up. How was the flavour?
    I have to say that the leaves are not looking as well as I would like to see.

hummerbum and Philip Nulty like this.
  2. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Apart from the eating,..i find your hydroponically growing very interesting,..had i a space to grow in this way i surely would have a go at it,..now if i could clear a nice space in my shed :setc_088:

hummerbum likes this.
  3. Odif

Odif Young Pine

Sjoerd, I took your advice and I massacred my strawberries yesterday, leaving only healthy looking leaves and the new growth, good tip.

Philip Nulty, Sjoerd and hummerbum like this.
  4. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Way to go Odif--- Chapeau.

Not everyone can be so strong-willed. When I do things like that I always cringe and feel bad about it for a few days... until one day, I begin seeing improvement in the plants. I mean, I know it is the right thing to do, but it is still difficult to man-up and begin the barbering.

I cleaned-up my strawbs earlier in the spring and will give them a severe haircut in the early fall. I actually spend quite a bit of time on my strawbs.

Good luck with your plants, mate.

Philip Nulty likes this.

Advertisement