Looked like really tall Daisies yellow and white

Discussion in 'Plant ID' started by margie12u, Aug 4, 2010.

1. margie12u

margie12u In Flower

Hello everyone, Someone gave me some seeds they took of of flowers they had, they said they didn't really know what they were , But they looked like really tall Daisies yellow and white , Would any one know what they might be, Just by this little bit of information, They were quite beautiful but I would like to put a name in the jar with the seeds,

Thank you so much
    Margie

moderator's note: moved topic to more appropriate forum
    moderator's note: added a more descriptive title to topic

2. Loading...

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

My Shasta Daisy's grew to be as tall as me this year.

4. margie12u

margie12u In Flower

Daisy like flowers

Netty, Thank you I thought that might be what they are but I wasn't sure. I didn't know that they got that big, I thought they stayed kind of short,Would you know what the seeds look like? I know I'm full of questions but I just don't know :-? I want to know were to put them in my garden , In a tall spot or short spot, Do you think I should plant them know for next year or wait til early spring? I really appreciate it, Thank you ,

Margie

5. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Margie the seeds are small and rectangular. I usually plant perennial seeds as mother nature would ~ when they are naturally ripe and falling from the plant. Daisy's here are done and dropping seeds now so I would go ahead and plant them.

Advertisement
  6. calinromania

calinromania Young Pine

i didn't know they produce any seeds.
    mine are all done blooming, and the flower heads looked ugly, all brown and i just decided to cut stems close to the ground.
    mine multiply like crazy from the roots, so it never crossed my mind i should get some seeds.

7. tami

tami New Seed

From what I know about Shasta they are perrenials that you can divide by digging up and replanting. If these are from seeds they could be really tall Cosmos. They come in a lot of colors and are pretty hearty. Mine reseed and come back. :-D