Looking for best kitchen ideas

Discussion in 'Interior Design' started by Rafee Deen, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Rafee Deen

Rafee Deen Guest

I am looking for best kitchen developing ideas to change the look of kitchen so model. Give me your suggestion here.

2. Loading...

3. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

You can go to many online sites like, HGTV, DIY, and I believe Goodhouse keeping has a site that you can try out different color schemes. I love interior decorating. Just changed the color of my kitchen from a medium peach, to a medium sage green. I am also going to paint one end wall a dark chocolate color for and accent wall. Hope that helps.

4. JacobKC

JacobKC New Seed

I'd recommend interior decorating blogs. Here's list of top bloggers writing on this topic published by Telegraph:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/interiors/the-20-best-interiors-blogs/

I recommed browsing them. I can't remember which ones, but I've seen a really nice design or two, and an important element in it was brass taps, looking totally old-ish, but the general idea was stunning. As I said, browsing these will certainly give you tons of inspirational ideas.

5. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Rafee, concentrate less on the "look" and more on use. For example, a stainless steel sink is almost impossible to keep clean looking, but a white porcelain sink can be made spotless in a moment.
    High rise faucet is an absolute necessity for a kitchen, but brushed nickel is easier to maintain than chrome.
    Counter tops should be smooth and easy to clean. Granite is beautiful, but also a pain to keep looking good.
    Flooring should be neutral colored, so if you change the appliance colors, wall colors, even cabinets, you don't have to fight a flooring that won't coordinate with other colors.
    We moved into a house that had a new kitchen (the previous owners had actually expanded the house for a large kitchen). Unfortunately, the homeowner got hold of some magazines and went crazy trying to make a "designer statement". It has taken me five years of re-arranging, removing unused appliances (trash compactor) and adding shelving to cabinets to make the kitchen cook-friendly.
    If you want a kitchen that is a pleasure to use, think how you use the appliances, traffic patterns, and ease of cleaning.

Advertisement
  6. marieburn

marieburn New Seed

Agree with the above. I absolutely love all the designer kitchens and they just look so beautiful but most of the time they are unrealistic for me. Function is everything when it comes to a kitchen because I love spending time in my kitchen baking and cooking for my family. I also like the idea of incorporating family time in the kitchen with a bar and bar stools for everyone to join in for family time.

marlingardener and carolyn like this.
  7. pauljohn39

pauljohn39 New Seed

What about this direction

[​IMG]

Other variants here.

Sjoerd likes this.
  8. CharlieAdrian

CharlieAdrian New Seed

In my opinion, whether you need a kitchen plan or other areas of the house, it is best to check out the PMP design template.
    You can pick up some great ideas.
    And besides, searching for self-made kitchen ideas is also helpful.

9. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Jane my hubby designs our kitchens and granite work tops do need cleaning daily i use dettol surface cleaner with kitchen roll and we have grey tiled flooring but it does keep you on besides the cupboards being gloss it never ends :like:

Attached Files:

10. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

I watched a one of the Home Renovation Shows on TV a bit ago and the Designer went crazy in the kitchen with a backsplash tile that was predominantly bright read tiles. While the first initial "look" was dramatic IMO it would have been impossible to coordinate other colours with it.

11. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

I agree when adding red, you need to hunt for right colours to blend..with black it's more easy going, we hunted to get the right paper to match ours it's synthetic leather wallpaper but it's great to hoover and wipe.