Lost our yellow Lab Miss Shadow....

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Sherry8, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

We knew it was coming but it doesn't make it any easier...she was 13 1/2. We had so many good times with her and she was such a gentle loving dog. She never barked which was nice. When we lost Scooter (Cairn Terrier) a little more than a year ago, she was very sad and just wasn't herself. She raised him as her own, it was so funny to see them laying in the sun together chewing on the same stick. She would of made a great mother. Time passed and her body was just slowing down and her back legs were affected with arthritis but with medication she was a little better. We got a Chihuahua (Isabella) to keep her company but she just wasn't very interested, just too old to play. One of her favorite things to do was walk in our back yard but with all of the snow and ice we have been having, she hasn't been able to do that for a long time. I remember when she was a pup she would grab and run with the grand childrens hat or gloves when they were outdoors with her...she loved them chasing her...then there was the time when we first moved here and I was planting a small tree. I just finished planting it in the flower bed and I turned to do something else. I looked up and their was Miss Shadow running with the small tree in her mouth...happy as could be. I planted it again and the same thing happened. The last time I planted it, I put a little fence around it and she left it alone. These silly little stories bring smiles to my face...she was a character and a great friend to us until the end... she will be missed.

1327f836a498491d818d48917440549b.jpg a01db6c0a78f33e34495149cd863f25b.jpg she loves our cat, Birdie..they would do this every day...
    35f2ead759e1b03271deb9979f253058.jpg

2ofus, chris1948 and eileen like this.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Odif
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. dooley
      Replies:
      Views:

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I'm so sorry to hear that Miss Shadow is no longer with you. It's hard to say goodbye but I know she will live on forever in your memories Sherry.

Sherry8 likes this.
  4. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Oh, Sherry , so sorry to hear of your loss. You gave her a fantastic life and she loved every minute of it!!!

5. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    What a beautiful companion. We too have lost some wonderful fur buddies. They do give so much joy and teach us so much. I know she will be missed.

Advertisement
  6. chris1948

chris1948 Seedling

So sorry to hear that Sherry, we lost our Jack Russell in Nov right before Thanksgiving and our Yorkie on the 21st of Dec. Both had to be put to sleep as they were just too sick from complications of diabetes and cushings syndrome. Our Yorkie was also blind due to diabetes. We had them both cremated and their ashes put into boxes that we have here at the house. The day we had to put our Yorkie to sleep we couldn't stand not having another dog around that I looked on the cities shelter and we saw Charlie. He's a miniature Schnauzer who is deaf. When the city had a free adoption day the week before we got him no one wanted him I guess because he's deaf. He is the cutest and smartest dog!

7. mart

mart Strong Ash

I am so sorry and know you will miss her. I have lost pets too, and it isn`t easy. I try to look at it this way,, when we lose a pet God knows there is another one out there that needs love. We just need to open our hearts and find it.

8. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

Very sorry for your loss. Always very hard and difficult to lose a beloved pet. They're as close as family.

9. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Very sorry to hear about Miss Shadow Sherry. She sounded like a wonderful companion. The silly stories will always be there to remember.

10. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Ah man :( I'm so sorry Sherry.

My pets are family. Losing one is heartbreaking, I get it! Condolences to you and yours.

11. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

So sorry for your loss Sherry. RIP Miss Shadow

12. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

Thank you everyone...Isabella the Chihuahua is really missing her this morning:crying:....It is rough for everyone. We took her heartworm back and paid the bill and I am hoping Isabella or Birdie don't need to see a vet for a long time...we don't really want to go back in there.
    ...she was our second lab and will be our last...I love the breed...so intelligent and gentle but we will try our hardest to not give in to our loneliness for her...one year we lost a lab and a terrier within a couple weeks, that was how we found Miss Shadow. Her registered name was Snowball when we bought her from the breeder. But she followed us around constantly so she was named Shadow...she was our little Shadow. :heart:

13. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

:(:smt022Sherry I know exactly where you are coming from. They sure do become such a wonderful part of ones family. Seeing them getting older and then starting to go down hill so to speak is soooo hard. Parting with them is such a sad time. I will post about parting with our little dog Tootsie. Hugs and prayers.

14. Kay

Kay Girl with Green Thumbs

I love the pictures of Miss Shadow Sherry. What a beauty! I love that you have all the memories. They can make you feel happy even if there are tears in yours eyes. Bless your heart.

Sherry8 and 2ofus like this.