Lots of New Plants

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by Jewell, May 17, 2015.

1. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    :stew1::stew1:Spent the morning picking out a few plants at the annual Lewis County Master Gardeners plant sale. Usually I take $20 and that is my limit. This year I doubled it getting 14 gallon pots, 7 six inch pots and a small assortment of smaller pots. image.jpg I did get a few annuals, but a lot of new to me perennials. Now just need to figure out where to plant everything. Have been having to research what I got:whistling: so I know where to plant the different plants. Got a nice variety of sun and shade plants. Totally different selection from last year.:smt040 The prices were the same as last year $1.50 to $4 except for the specially marked stuff like citrus trees and 10 gallon trees and bushes and those were still cheap compared to anywhere else I have ever shopped. Got to go get my hands dirty.:stew1::stew1:

GinnyC, 2ofus, donm and 1 other person like this.
  2. Loading...

3. Ms kitty 01

Ms kitty 01 In Flower

It is awesome how many plants you got for that amount of money. They look nice and healthy. Enjoy!

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Gosh that's an awful lot of plants for just $40!!:setf_049: To get that many plants here I'd have to go to the rescue section where all the plants look half dead. Enjoy yourself planting them all up and I hope you'll take more piccies of them when they are in situ and flowering for you.

5. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Those look like great plants! I feel a plant shopping trip coming on ...

Advertisement
  6. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Oh Jewell, you sure know how to get a gardener's heart rate up! Those are great looking plants and they'll look even better when planted in your garden.

7. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

Lucky you to find that many things you wanted. I was at a Master Gardeners sale too and I purchased some more phlox but most of my money for mostly my containers is in the 3 digit amounts. I save money all year just to use for gardening and then I don't even hesitate when I see something I want...this will come to an end when we really downsize in a few years.

8. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

There is an old Frankie Laine song running through my mind now.....Jealousy.....those gorgeous plants.

9. Tammyd

Tammyd Seedling Plants Contributor

I wish there was a sale like that in my area! I did manage to buy a few plants at our community market for a decent price. I know you will enjoy your new plants.

10. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Miss Kitty I look forward to this sale. It is the third year I have attended.:stew1:
    Eileen, that would be the case here too. $40 will usually get me four small plants or less and that off the discount rack.:confused:
    Netty it is always good to go looking for plants :D
    Marlingardener they are all in and I am a whipped puppy. Glad my cart wasn't any bigger:setc_075:
    Toni and that is how I sometimes feel about your great junk finds:D
    Thanks Tammy. It feels good supporting local organizations and individuals. Afraid I don't find time to do that enough.

11. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

There's nothing like that in my area. :( I'm glad you were able to get such nice plants at such a reasonable (cheap!) price.