lounge colour scheme

Discussion in 'Choosing Colors' started by scoi, May 19, 2008.

1. scoi

scoi New Seed

I'm moving into a new flat and have already picked the sofa and chair but worried about the colour. The sofa and chair are black and grey, walls are white and the floor would be wood so need some other colour so it doesnt end up looking like a prison cell.

I was thinking about glass coffee table, chairs and tv unit so theres a lot of light and using a rug, lamps and pictures for the colour but dont really know what colours would go with the rest of the lounge and what wood would be best on the floor.

2. Loading...

3. MindfulDesign

MindfulDesign New Seed

I know you probably decided by now on your color scheme, looking at your posting date. ;-)
    But I would recommend going with very light earthy tones for the walls (or just one accent wall). For the rug, try getting something bright, in red or orangey colors. It does sound very boring with the white, black and grey.

About the floor color, if you get plenty of daylight, you can go with any color. If your windows are small or you are facing north, lighter color wood would be prefect.

Good luck!

4. Kaddy

Kaddy New Seed

Hi there i think if you add some red accessories to the room will bring out the black, white and grey. You could look at getting a rug which has red mixed with the other colours or simply black and white one.
    For accessories you can get red vases aswell as white ones so that they compliment each other, an not getting too heavy with the greys and black.

Also i think silver will go great with a black and grey theme so why dont you look at getting some accessories and even curtains an bring subtle hints of reds.

so basically i think red or silver or both will bring out your lounge and also for wood try getting a darker colour wood flooring will suit the lounge.

5. egoreise

egoreise Seedling

With black and white and grey, you can really go in any direction. Are you looking to make it feel warm or cool? Energizing or relaxing? I'm working on changing my living room colors. I've got a warm look going on, and it's very relaxing. Lots of fall colors and soft materials. I'm looking to be energized, so I'm changing to black, white, and green and finding more modern angles and bold peices.