Love those Blackberries

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by 2ofus, Sep 10, 2015.

1. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

Though it is close to the end of the season we were able to pick about 3/4 of a gallon of blackberries! We'll be picking more in the next couple of days. They are my favorite berry..especially in blackberry cobbler!

2. Loading...

3. Ms kitty 01

Ms kitty 01 In Flower

Sounds good!

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Mmm I can almost taste that blackberry cobbler. :drool: I can see why they're your favourite berry as they are so flavoursome and juicy.

5. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

Yesterday we went sight seeing trip down the coast. I'd love to say we took a lot of pictures but it was so foggy that very few turned out good. We also stopped and picked more blackberries. We have over a gallon (sure wished it was 5 gallons instead) and I hope to pick a few more tomorrow. It's kind of the end of the season so they aren't so plentiful. Mike went Salmon fishing so I'm on my own today. I think first I'll go to a couple of junque stores and then poke around some of the tourist trap places for some gifts. Then I'll pick up Mike. Crossing my fingers that he had a good time and caught some salmon. :fingerscrossed:

Advertisement
  6. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

Im jealous :D

I had to leave behind my wonderful berry bushes when I moved, and I havent gotten any more yet :(

7. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

No Salmon, :crying: , but he had a good time anyway. I did a little shopping and waited for his ship to come in and we came back to the camper. This morning we went back to the tourist traps on the wharf for a few more t-shirts and sweatshirts for friends and family. We were able to park right across from a store and the clerk was just opening the door as I was getting out of the truck. Suddenly she let out a squeal and ran toward me, gave me a big hug. I didn't know what to think! When she pulled back, it was a real shock to see a friend from Idaho! She had moved away and we lost track of her. We had a good visit while she helped me pick out what I needed and she is coming to the camp ground tonight so we can catch up on all the news AND I have her new phone number! :like: