Might be scarce

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by CJay, Dec 26, 2016.

1. CJay

CJay In Flower

Ok. So I might not be on too much in a month or so. I found out this week that my baby girl has spinal bifida. Ive been in and out of the doctor's office all week looking at options. Got some more tests done Friday but have to wait two weeks for the results to come back.

From the looks of things its not good. The brainstem does not apoear to be fully attached to her brain. Doctors know there is some brain activity because shes active. But theyre worried that she might not have any higher brain functions. Those are the results I'm waiting on.

Anyway. Im not allowed to work for the rest of my pregnancy. And I'll probably be on here a lot over the next month cause I'm supposed to be as inactive as possible. But have to travel an hour away twice a week to see the specalist. But in 5 more weeks I'm, we're, having surgery to try to correct it. Or as much as it can be corrected. After that I'm going to be in the hospital for four weeks. So I dont know if I'll be online at all while I'm in the hospital.

Ive got help though. My family is wonderful. Grandma moved in today and my parents will be splitting time between here and work. So I've got support.

And despite all if this I managed to have a good Yule. Though dad's sense of humor didnt help too much. He got me a bottle of Knob Creek small batch, my favorite bourbon. (knowing I cant drink for many more months)

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
    Sjoerd likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

CJay I know you must be going through a difficult time at the moment but if you ever need to talk you know we're here for you. Look after yourself and I'll keep everything crossed that the surgery goes well and manages to correct the problem as much as it can. I'm so glad you have your family around you to help you out and see you through the last part of your pregnancy. We'll be thinking of you and hoping that you have some good news for us when you can. Until then take care.

CJay likes this.
  4. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Honey I'm so sorry :( I am very, very glad you have such a good support system though.

CJay likes this.
  5. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

CJay, You will be in our thoughts and prayers, I hope everything has a good outcome.

Jerry

CJay likes this.

Advertisement
  6. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Oh CJay, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

CJay likes this.
  7. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

I am hoping that the coming weeks and months will be as good as they can be. It is a bit difficult writing meaningful things to someone whom I do not know well, but Like Eileen said your little "family" on here are always ready to listen if you want to talk things out. We can offer our sort of support if you need it or want it.
    I am hoping the very best for your girl and for you, although as you say, it doesn't look too good. Waiting is the only thing that you can do now. Fingers crossed for you and yours. Great support team you have there.
    Hang in there meid.

CJay likes this.
  8. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

CJay, we are waiting with you. Our thoughts and prayers and our presence may be of some help to you at this most difficult time. Whatever the outcome, your little girl has a wonderful mother.

9. mart

mart Strong Ash

Medicine has made great advances in this area !! We will all be keeping the prayers going for your daughter and you !! And as was said,,we are all here for you !!

CJay likes this.
  10. CJay

CJay In Flower

Thank you much.

This year sucks.

11. fatbaldguy

fatbaldguy In Flower

Life ain't so much about what happens to you. It is more about how you react to what happens. Sounds like you and your family got this covered, and covered well. There are tens of people here, if not more, that are sending thoughts, prayers, good wishes, and I dare say, Love your way.

Whenever you're feeling a bit despondent, overwhelmed, or picked on by fate, the universe, life, or circumstances in general, we're here. Give us a shout. We'll listen, maybe offer some words of encouragement, and at the very least, give you a virtual shoulder to cry on.

Clay_22, 2ofus, CJay and 4 others like this.
  12. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

FBG said that good , didn't he. He is a class dude.

13. Venus414

Venus414 New Seed

You and your baby are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope 2017 is a wonderful year for you and brings you and yours happy news.

14. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

You and your baby are in my thoughts and prayers....so happy you have family that will help you out.

15. Kay

Kay Girl with Green Thumbs

CJay, Prayers for you and your baby. Nothing like FAMILY to have your back, Hope everything works itself out.

16. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

My thoughts and prayers for you, CJ, and for your little girl.