My "touch me nowhere" clothes.

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Ronni, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

We all have them. Those outfits (and I use that word advisedly ;) ) that we change into after a hard day at work, or a busy day in the garden, or when we're clean and fresh from the shower and aren't going anywhere. They're the things we put on that aren't constricting, that are soft, and comfortable, and feel good against our skin. They're often things that we might not even want to answer the door while we're wearing, but still they're our go-to's for that feeling of comfort and ease.

I call them my "touch me nowhere" clothes, because that's the way I prefer those clothes to feel on me and they're the things i change into after I get home from work. I don't typically dress up for work, I dress comfortably. I have to. As an organizer I'm often clambering around in an attic, or tossing stuff out of a closet so I can reorganize it, or climbing on a step stood to rearrange and declutter a high shelf, or other activities that are not conducive to heels and a skirt. So my work wear is usually some type of work out outfit. Workout leggings and athletic shoes, sports bra and colorful workout top. Comfortable, with lots of give, and yet as soon as I get home I wiggle out of that stuff in favor of my touch me nowhere clothes.

And what are they? Glad you asked! ;)

They are essentially a mismatched bunch of sweats, PJ bottoms, ridiculous looking t shirts or tops or beat up or torn sweaters, fluffy socks, slippers that should have been thrown out a decade ago, and a couple of real wool scarves....because when my neck is cold, I'm cold all over!! The T shirts are ridiculous because I want the grandkids to laugh...in a couple cases they are actually PJ tops, so they have pig emblems with "bed hog" logos, or cartoon looking sheep with fluffy clouds and fences or cartoon monsters etc. I look like a homeless person when I dress in some of this stuff! :eek:;) But it's clean and fresh smelling, (if a little holey) and soooooo comfortable! And every night when I get home, I just rip off all my constricting clothing, and throw on some combination of my touch me nowhere stuff, and then, THEN, I can relax!

How about you?

Jewell likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Oh I know exactly what you mean Ronni. I think my kids would disown me though if they saw what I wear when they're not around. My favourite outfit is an old, baggy, purple t shirt with a red, sleeveless, zip-up cardigan on top. I wear them with a pair of loose, black trousers, no socks but a soft pair of slippers. The slippers by the way are blue. Not exactly a matching ensemble but oh so comfy. Ian says why don't I wear something green with it and complete the grunge look, you know, I might just do that!!:p I just hope our postman is colour blind. ;)

4. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

Thick heavy flannel pj's over a merino wool camisole ALL covered with a really thick terry cloth housecoat. The housecoat I've had for ages and it is pretty tattered but it is also very warm and comfy and "WARM + COMFORT" is what I'm going for. I also tend to wear big fuzzy socks with fleece lined slippers.........