Need help with my rose blog

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Comments / Help' started by Pinkiered, Jun 14, 2006.

1. Pinkiered

Pinkiered The Rose Queen

I am wanting to know if there is a way for my blog to show its been updated. I have just added a new beetle to my list in troubleshooting roses.

Also is there a way for my to "sticky" or pin my rose blog to the top of my list so you dont have to go diggin for it? Example, my first trouble shooting roses blog, to find it, you have to click my May arcives.

Just wondering....It would make it easier to update too.LOL

2. Loading...

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Hey Pinkie, keeping me on my toes, that's what I like :D I have made a small change to some code and now when you update an old blog entry it will rise to the top of the "Most Recent Blog Entries" list. It will even have the little orange "new" icon beside it :smt023 However when you view the blog as normal any updated/edited entries will stay in their original order i.e. if you post in May it will always stay in May. it is nice to keep it structured ;)

As for stickying the blog links there is no functionaliy to do this but what I would recommend for now is to utilise the "My Recommended Links" feature in your blog. Just click on the "Manage Blog Links" link and enter the links individually. I'm sorry there is not a better solution but it should do for now.

Please tell me if you understand all this Denee. Hope you like the changes. If you want to rise the rose entry to the top again then just perform a simple update for the entry :)

4. Pinkiered

Pinkiered The Rose Queen

Thank you! I understand all that except for the managing thing...but Ive never looked in there but once so Ill go play around!

The reason I wanted to know if you can do it is because if someone was looking for a certain bug or something to do with their roses, they will know Ive updated.

Thanks! Your a peach!

5. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

That's a new one :D