Need info for Peperomia obtusifolia

Discussion in 'Houseplants' started by Jadenz, May 13, 2015.

1. Jadenz

Jadenz Seedling

I got 2 new plants. One is called a Peperomia obtusifolia and the other one is called a Dumb Cane. I've never tried growing these before so I need any information I can get.
    They look really cool so I would really appreciate any help I can get. :)

purpleinopp likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

purpleinopp and Jadenz like this.
  4. Jadenz

Jadenz Seedling

Derp... lol. I totally did miss that section of the forum. Thanks! :)

5. Erika

Erika New Seed

If you're anything like me tho, you like hearing actual peoples experiences, with specific plants, and their specific needs..... :) That being said, I've only just recently amped up my indoor gardening/house plant collection, and I LOOOOVE that peperomia, and the other 3 peperomia species I've tracked down and purchased as well! Until this past winter/spring, I just had my same 3 or 4 plants for for 5+ yrs, and never added any to the mix.. Now I have a collection! Haha! As an inexperienced gardener, I find that the "don't water until completely dry", "any amount of sunlight as long as there's some", "well draining soil", "easy to propagate from stem cuttings", nature of the peperomia plants, makes them perfect candidates for new gardeners especially, but really tho... who WOULDNT love this plant? :) I adopted my peperomias all in the same week, bout 2 months ago, and they're all thriving, growing, and living happily! I set them near the big east windows in our kitchen, and forget about em til I see that they're dry.... thats when they get a drink.. and I've fertilized them twice since I've had them.... great plants! I believe you'll agree :)

purpleinopp and Frank like this.
  6. purpleinopp

purpleinopp Young Pine Plants Contributor

Well said, Erika! Hi & welcome!