New Apartment ^.^ Need colour suggestions

Discussion in 'Choosing Colors' started by Phoenix, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix New Seed

Hi everyone.

For my 18th I got a apartment bought from my Mother... Although I only decided to move into it about 5 months ago I made the mistake of buying 2 kittens.... I now have 3 they are all rescue cats..

Anyway the decorating got kinda ruined as the kittys worked out they had claws....
    So I decided now I have moved in properly I am gonna redecorate all the times(apart from bedroom which is fine)

I don't plan living here long though maybe a year or two as my partner has started a new job and we are looking into buying a 3 bedroom house.

In the living room I have gone with natural tones with is like a sandy colour on 3 walls and a light caramel on the window wall...
    Also getting the floor lamintated...

I can't decide whats gonna be best for hallway at the moment its a very light tint of golden yellow which shows every mark >.<

The hallway has laminate flooring down too which is in deep beech...

Anyone reccomend any nice colours?

2. Loading...

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Hi there Phoenix, welcome to GardenStew :D Is there any possibility to see some photos of the hallway? Photos really help when recommending colours, otherwise our advice may not be as accurate as it could be.

By the way what a great birthday present ;)

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Hello Pheonix from 'up north' in Scotland. :-D Frank is right photographs will give us a much better idea of how we can help you out.

WELCOME.

5. CritterPainter

CritterPainter Awed by Nature

Just going by what you describe, I'd add RED! A friend with little house in those colors had her mom come in and gave her free reign- she hung two wall vases and added overblown red/orange silk poppies, threw cushions in shades of red on the tan furniture, tossed a red cloth on the table- very few touches but they pulled the space together and made it look like a decorator had been there (which her mom is, lol!)

Advertisement
  6. marine683

marine683 Seedling

Mustard
    Sienna
    Hazel

are a few great colors for a hallyway. They are neutral and transition well into other rooms.

7. KHR

KHR New Seed

wall colors

Visit model homes--it's a great way to get a feel for what color looks like. I spent an afternoon touring homes a few years ago and fell in love with a warm caramel color I saw, and I've been happy with my decision ever since.