New glasses!

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by Ronni, Mar 22, 2015.

1. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Because of the eye surgery I had last year to remove the cancer on my lower lid, I now no longer have one, so I can't wear contacts anymore. Those suckers just won't stay in! So, if I'm going to have to wear glasses from here on out, I decided to treat them as a fashion accessory, and ultimately I want a bunch of different shapes and colors! Of course that costs, and I don't have a lot of money, so for the moment I have my everyday pair and then one new pair I just got. They're funky and sort of retro, (my Mum used to wear cat-eye glasses back in the day) and I really like them!

17822_10155330885425387_2376259963244883543_n.jpg

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Kildale
      Replies:
      Views:

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

They look great Ronni! Where's the smile? :)

4. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

LOL! You're the second person to ask me that! I had a lot of trouble with the picture, and kept having to angle my head, and the camera, just so, in order to minimize the glare of the light on the glasses lens, which was giving me a demonic aspect!

What you see is concentration, pure and simple! :nerdy:

5. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Ronni---I knew that! I could tell you were concentrating on taking that photo: "ok....move the camera a tad this way, nod my head a bit lower....angle the camera to the left...CLICK! I got it!....Oops I forgot to smile"

Advertisement
  6. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Very sophisticated Ronni. I think the retro look suits you.

Cayuga Morning likes this.
  7. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

:like: You NAILED it!! That's exactly what I did.....about 6 times before I got it right. By that point, smiling was the LAST thing I was thinking about!

Also, thanks for the compliments. I'm pretty excited about how they look. I've been conservative about glasses up to this point, even before I wore them full-time...I've used reading glasses for years. All very bland. So this is a big step for me. But now I'm all excited to get more, in other styles and colors!! I wish those cat eyes came in more than black, I like the shape so much I'd just order several in different colors!

For those of you who wear glasses, I wanted to mention this site to you: zennioptical.com. They are amazing in terms of selection, and more importantly to me, PRICE! You can order both basic readers, AND prescription lenses. I got those glasses from Zenni. Frame was $12.99, (sale) and for my progressive lens, an additional $27.95, plus $4.95 shipping! I threw in another single vision pair for computer work, frame was $6.95 and the lens was free! Cost for the entire order was a grand total of $52.80.

Not bad for two pair of prescription glasses huh? :sete_056:

If y'all decide to order from them let me know....there are a couple of tips I can pass on to you for choosing the right frames, because you can't actually try them on beforehand.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2015
  8. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Wow! That is a good price Ronni! I might check them out. I have a regular pair that I always wear but it would be a good idea to have a decent back up pair. Who knows, maybe I'll go rogue & order a pair of camo glasses!

9. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

:smt043

Pictures. We're going to need LOTS of pictures!!! :nerdy: