New goodies last week

Discussion in 'Garden Junk' started by toni, Jan 9, 2016.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

We wandered through a couple of shops we had not been to in several months and did find three goodies.
    I love enamel pots, pans, bowls, pitchers, etc. and have way too many of them as it is but this bowl was just too good to pass by and since I have a couple of chairs to paint and plant in this spring, this was a necessity. The little green glass flower bowl w/frog top will be perfect for roses as they appear this Spring. And the milk can lid.....well, you might know that we have started the re-do of our bathroom. It will have a rustic look....the soda bottle crates I got earlier last year will replace the medicine cabinet and this lid will become a new hand towel holder. Yes it will be cleaned up first but not so much that it looses it's 'antique' charm.

Junque.JPG

2ofus, eileen and Frank like this.
  2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I would have snapped up the bowl too Toni as I love enamel kitchenware. What a novel idea for the milk can lid - wish I could see what things like that could be used for and buy them here. As for the flower bowl it's going to look great with roses in it. Once again you've found some exciting junque items!! :D

4. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Having the kind of eye/brain that sees a rusty milk can lid as a towel holder--what a gift! Many of us :)setc_033:) just don't have that talent. I am constantly amazed at the inventiveness of the Stewies, but I think you may be leading in the creative department.

5. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Love the milk can towel holder idea Toni :like: Nice finds as always!

Advertisement
  6. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

You defiantly 'have the gift' and I'm looking forward to the pictures when you have them in use. Now can give me some ideas on how to use an old milk can with the lid. It's not too rusty and was used by Mike's grandfather on his dairy farm. It's just sitting in the shop.

7. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Great finds and ideas as always Toni!