New job

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Kay, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Kay

Kay Girl with Green Thumbs

I resigned my position of ten yrs. late last summer at a landscaping company. After working on my own last fall, I had a long winter rest. In January, the manager of the wholesale nursery that I have been buying from for years called to see if I could help them out at their new location. In addition to wholesale; which is the bulk of the business, they will now sale retail. They moved to a location closer to town and right next to a large landscape supply business. A lot of work has been going on as they prepare for another busy season. 10 acres that offer trees, shrubs, perennials and annuals. Several hoop houses are in place and a few more are awaiting final construction. The sale yards have concrete walkways, and the beds are landscape fabric. So it has a clean look and is easy to get around. These pics are early days, a lot has progressed since. The areas are full and we are in full swing. Trucks arriving daily. My main duties are caring for the stock, and assisting customers. Just part time! There is a staff of 6 and we like one another, so work is fun! So, I will post pics of the yards as we get things done. The boys got the trees around the office planted and a nice windbreak of mature evergreen and deciduous trees. Very cool !

Attached Files:

2. Loading...

3. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Kay...I have to say,. chapeau to you! I am thrilled for you that you found this job. It is so nice to get in at the beginning---and because of your botanical experience and your warm and open personality you are actually perfect for the position that you are filling.

I liked seeing the early pics. I like it that there are "tables" on legs with wire gauze bottoms for displaying the plants for sale. Will there be a sort of felt bottom on top of the wire mesh so that the plants will not dry out too quickly? Just curious.

Yeah, the set-up looks very good as well as professional.

Do please post more piccies when things are underway.

Good for you, girl!!

Kay likes this.
  4. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Congratulations on your new job. It sounds ever so nice. What a lovely place to work.

Kay likes this.
  5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Oh I'd be in seventh heaven if I could work in such a wonderful place. Congratulations Kay and I hope you'll spend many happy ears at the nursery.

Advertisement
  6. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Congrats on your new job Kay! They don't how lucky they are to get you.

7. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

What a great job to have!! I"m sure you're very excited....I would be. congratulations!!

8. Henry Johnson

Henry Johnson In Flower

Congratulations, Kay; sounds (and looks) like a great place to work...
    Hank