New Pics of the garden

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by razyrsharpe, Jun 8, 2013.

1. razyrsharpe

razyrsharpe Seedling

i have made a lot of progress in the garden over the last month or so... with a whole lot more to do. Gardening is never done, is it? i am proud of how it looks so far, considering i had problems the last two or so seasons. the plants look much healthier and i hope for a great harvest over the summer...

[​IMG]
    snow peas are blossoming! ( photo / image / picture from razyrsharpe's Garden )

[​IMG]
    kentucky wonder pole beans are going crazy! i have three full trellises! ( photo / image / picture from razyrsharpe's Garden )

[​IMG]
    kentucky wonder pole beans are going crazy! i have three full trellises! ( photo / image / picture from razyrsharpe's Garden )

[​IMG]
    scarlet runner beans from Monticello. i am a history buff. ( photo / image / picture from razyrsharpe's Garden )

[​IMG]
    scarlet runner beans from Monticello. i am a history buff. ( photo / image / picture from razyrsharpe's Garden )

[​IMG]
    a zucchini blossom dead center... ( photo / image / picture from razyrsharpe's Garden )

[​IMG]
    yellow crookneck squash. the bee got camera shy. ( photo / image / picture from razyrsharpe's Garden )

[​IMG]
    will harvest the yellow crooknecks soon. ( photo / image / picture from razyrsharpe's Garden )

[​IMG]
    the first serrano pepper this season. ( photo / image / picture from razyrsharpe's Garden )

[​IMG]
    my son's sunflower garden. three came from Mt. Vernon seeds. ( photo / image / picture from razyrsharpe's Garden )

[​IMG]
    my son's sunflower garden. three came from Mt. Vernon seeds. ( photo / image / picture from razyrsharpe's Garden )

[​IMG]
    near plants are butternut, farther away is blue hubbard squash. ( photo / image / picture from razyrsharpe's Garden )

[​IMG]
    a full row each of zucchini and yellow crookneck squash. ( photo / image / picture from razyrsharpe's Garden )

[​IMG]
    more beans on the trellis. i will be giving away some i think... ( photo / image / picture from razyrsharpe's Garden )

[​IMG]
    muscadine arbor my father built. it is the centerpiece of the garden. ( photo / image / picture from razyrsharpe's Garden )

Frank, donm, waretrop and 8 others like this.
  2. Loading...

3. razyrsharpe

razyrsharpe Seedling

sorry for the double posts. i wish the image uploader for this site was less complicated... oh well.

4. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

If you insert the photo directly into the post it is much more convenient...directions are How To: Post Photos

razyrsharpe likes this.
  5. razyrsharpe

razyrsharpe Seedling

so, upload them to my forum gallery, then post them in the forum?

Advertisement
  6. bunkie

bunkie Young Pine

Looking really good razy!

That grape arbor is beautiful!

razyrsharpe likes this.
  7. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Sorry I thought that was the way you had done them and were having problems with it.

Inserting them should be an easy thing to do, don't know why you have doubles. I have gotten doubles sometimes if I double click the photo thinking it didn't insert.

razyrsharpe likes this.
  8. razyrsharpe

razyrsharpe Seedling

i am referring to the process by which i upload them from my computer. there are a number of clicks that i have to accomplish before one pic gets attached... 6-7 per pic i think. it would be nice to have a multiple attachment tool or fewer steps to do so.
    i can get it done, but it is time consuming the way it is. thanks for your help though.

9. Pianolady

Pianolady In Flower

Very nice! I like your supports for your beans.

10. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

razyrsharpe, Very nice. I felt the same way about uploading photos. It really only takes a minute when you get used to it. We love to see your pics.

I also support my beans with hardware cloth. Mine must be 6 or 7 feet tall and only one 24 foot long row. Those beans just keep growing and growing and growing. I grow a few different kinds on it. Very easy to clean off in the end of the season.

razyrsharpe likes this.
  11. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Looks great razysharp!

12. AAnightowl

AAnightowl Young Pine

Looks great to me too Razyrsharp.

There is always something to do in the garden. When my seeds are sprouted a bit more, I will post some more pictures also. I weeded the veggies one whole time, plus some this season, and they need done again. I am waiting for my seeds to get up big enough so that I do not pull them by mistake.

I am nowhere near done with my flower beds, though I am making progress.

13. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Things are looking very good there. That arbour that your father built looks especially nice.
    I really liked seeing all those beans. Personally, I can't get enough of them.

14. Kay

Kay Girl with Green Thumbs

Your veggie garden looks real good! Have you had good weather and rain to help it along?
    I used to have a great big vegetable garden, it was so fun, but a lot of work too! Do you have problems with rabbits or other critters? Rabbits always used to eat my green beans.

15. AAnightowl

AAnightowl Young Pine

My aunt used to always plant scarlet runner beans along her fence, and make a string arbor to shade her dog in the summer. The beans were good to eat, and the red flowers so pretty. They just wont grow for me--YET.

16. Growingpains

Growingpains Young Pine

Razysharp, South Carolina is a good gardening state. My parents fed 7 children with their gardens. Oh so much work, and we carried all the water from the creek. Thank goodness I now have rain barrels and hoses.
    Your bean trellis is great. I usually grow bush beans, but I think I may plant some climbers after seeing your's.
    I'm wondering what you use for mulch? Do I see Peanut shells?

razyrsharpe likes this.