New to this site

Discussion in 'Welcome to GardenStew' started by Gransan3, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Gransan3

Gransan3 New Seed

Hi from East Texas. Hot and dry here.Only thing growing is beautiful granddaughters and weeds.
    Was wondering if anyone has suggestions for a water feature with plants that the white tailed deer will not eat? Lived here for couple of years and have the deer that bed down in the back yard. Lots of trees in the back, and they are so 'friendly' when I go to work at 4am they don't even get up just "huff" at me.
    Fences are out of my range, they would have to be 10 foot high. Would like to grow garden but deer will walk up the steps to eat tomatoes on the front porch. No I don't hunt and don't like venison anyway, HAHA!
    Thanks for reading about my problem, HAVE A GREAT DAY!

2. Loading...

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Hi Gransan :wave:
    Welcome to Gardenstew from southern Ontario!
    The deer sure can be frustrating, can't they? Did you ever consider getting a dog?

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

It's lovely to have you here with us Gransan and I hope that some of our members can help you out with the problem you are having.

WELCOME TO GARDENSTEW. :-D

5. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Hi, I live in Madisonville and shop in Huntsville. We have a lot of deer here too. There is not much that they won't eat. We have fences inside of fences inside of fences so it sort of deters them. They don't run for sure. They just stand and stare at you. Welcome to the Stew. Glendann lives across from me but her computer is down right now but she will be along when it's fixed to welcome you. dooley

Advertisement
  6. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

Hello from another east Texan. I live in Lufkin and want to welcome you to our great forum. Make yourself at home. :stew2:

7. Gransan3

Gransan3 New Seed

Thanks for the wonderful welcome! Nice to meet neighbors and fellow gardenaians ( is that a word?) I have 2 dogs... a red healer and a black lab, neighbors another 8 so we are well "dogged out" My healer does chase them when they move and she is 'cruising' but she is getting old and slowed down a bit.
    Again thanks for the warm welcome.
    Gransan3

8. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Hello there and Welcome,

Its nice to meet you.

9. kaseylib

kaseylib Young Pine

Welcome from Wisconsin. Send us some of your heat...it feels more like September here than July. My dogs keep deer away pretty well, but we still have an occasional fox, snake, skunk, or raccoon stop by to say hi!