Newest Junque and actually using some older pieces

Discussion in 'Garden Junk' started by toni, Jun 27, 2016.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Our trip last Friday was so much fun, always is when we get together for the day with our oldest daughter. I had decided that this junque trip I would concentrate on one or two of the larger items I had been wanting instead of the bags full of little things. Didn't have any particular object in mind but I knew something was waiting for me.

I walked around the corner of one room of about the 3rd store and there it was and that is when I started singing Here Comes Santa Claus.

The back....
    DoorBack.JPG

The front...
    Doorfront.JPG

After sealing it for protection outside and mounting it out back I am going to have fun decorating front and back with some of the pieces I have been collecting over the years.

These decorated coffee cans I found on a junquing foray last month, found the hangers a couple of weeks ago and finally got them ready to hang and planted the other day. The are planted with Mint, Oregano and Cilantro....hopefully something besides weeds will grow
    Threecans.JPG

Tooty2shoes, 2ofus, waretrop and 3 others like this.
  2. Loading...

3. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Very nice. I love the look of that old door. It would make a great dining room table. Just sand and add a few coats of varnish. Minus the door knob of course. Or you could make it in a very unique hall tree or coat hanger. Oh boy, I want one. The ideas for it are flowing threw the pages of my mind.
    Toni what is the container sitting on the chair behind your hanging garden? Just curios.

4. Anisa

Anisa New Seed

Very nice cans and great idea.

5. toni

Thanks you two. I am finally getting some of the collection items put into use.
    Tooty, that is a rain gauge. It sends the rain amount to a little monitor in the house.....trouble is it hasn't worked properly in years and it's way down on the 'things to repair list' for hubby.

Advertisement
  6. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

What a great find!!! You always have good luck on your searches :) I'd like to go "huntin'" tomorrow, maybe I can talk hubby into it since it's raining and too wet to mow the lawns :fingerscrossed:

7. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

@toni - have you finished? Any piccies of the final project?

8. toni

Islandlife, it turned hot here and all outside work comes to a halt for me until at least October and that includes work in the unairconditioned back room where the door still stands. But I do know where it will be put and some of the goodies that will accompany it.

9. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

@toni - will look forward to photos of your door in due course ;) :) Giving the project a rest 'til the weather cools up also gives more time for MORE ideas ;) Definitely an interesting project :like:

10. margie12u

margie12u In Flower

I love the door what did you do with it? I was wanting one thought I would make a big coffee table , What do you think about that?

Frank likes this.
  11. toni

Margie, good to see you on the Stew again. I think a large coffee table out of that door would be wonderful. I don't have a room big enough to hold that size coffee table but I really hope you can find one to make yours from.
    I haven't done anything with the door yet, summer temperatures hit before I could but I know where it will go this fall.....that is unless I change my mind in the process :rolleyes:

12. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

When I saw the door I envisioned a rustic country kitchen and that door being used as a kitchen table.

13. toni

OMG, that would be a wonderful table. I need a larger house :eek:...too many ideas surfacing. I have a wood pedestal kitchen table that I can not get rid of, it's the first thing I bought with my own money after my divorce....I had always wanted one but never had the money. It's kind of a symbol of freedom for me.

Tooty2shoes likes this.