no sound in windows xp please help me

Discussion in 'Computer and Internet' started by garrett20, Aug 23, 2008.

1. garrett20

garrett20 New Seed

My speakers were just fine last night. But when i turned on my computer this morning there was no sound. I have checked the device manager and there are three bright yellow question marks in other devices it is PCI MODEM, UNIVERSAL SERIAL (USB) CONTROLLER. I have checked my settings to see if they were all on the same thing and they are. it is not muted, and my speakers are on. please help i done everything i have thought of.
    thanks,
    Garrett

2. Loading...

3. trudy

trudy In Flower

I have no idea but I had that happen once an the tech guy told me to unplug the speaker from the modem for a few seconds then plug it back in an it worked.

4. SusieQ

SusieQ Seedling

You need to remove where yellow question mark is then reboot and they will install again, I had to do that one time.

5. garrett20

garrett20 New Seed

well last night i just right clicked on them and click search for new driver or what ever. but i dont think they were part of my promlem because it was for usb ports i think.

and what do you mean by unplug it from my modem. my sound is plugged into my computer

6. garrett20

garrett20 New Seed

Well i plugged in head phones there was sound coming out of them so that meens there is something wrong with speakers, and not the soundcard.