Not a top level forum?

Discussion in 'Organic Gardening' started by tothagarden, May 24, 2013.

1. tothagarden

tothagarden New Seed

Organics, and natural, gardening and farming IMO would do the world wonders, literally the earth, if more became more aware of what exactly it means.

The word Organic has recently been losing it's true meaning due to biotech, big pharma, and big business trying to cash in on bigger profits, specifically from those of us who wish to try and keep the earth self sustained as possible, but more so, eat healthier.

Try to think of organic as natural. Not in the sense of a granola bar. A 100% all natural granola bar is not so. Read the label. If it were 100% all natural, it would read oats only. That's it.

By looking deeper into organic (natural) gardening, it really can be as simple as some horse/chicken manure, grass clippings, leaves and kitchen vegetable scraps. There are even methods of composting the non-traditional compostable materials. Such as meats, dairy, and other products. These are actually just as beneficial. Just not.as pleasant to compost. :)

But even the basic yard waste; leaves, grass clippings, weeds, and whatever else just in themselves, composted are very beneficial. One part of composting very few think about, take into account, or even know about, is vermicompost.

Vermicomposting is composing.with worms. Most notably, red wrigglers. But earthworms just as well. These worms, their excrement (or.poop), is one of the most beneficial nutrients one could have. These alone can grow your food. The benefits I don't even want to get carried away with at this moment. It's late.

There are also other ways of utilizing compost, vermicompost, and kitchen scraps, which greatly help to to stretch amounts if your limited. Even so, these methods are, and can be, even better than planting a seed in straight compost.

Compost teas. There's many variations. AACT's, ACT's (two different methods), are by far one of the best methods. Fermented Plant Extracts (FPE's) and botanical teas (i refer to botanicals in this example as simply soaking beneficial plants and 'weeds) are just another tool to mention.

Sure, it may be a.little more work than just tossing some 'organic' fertilizer in the soil. But all of this can be done VERY cheaply. Startup wise, can be pennies on the dollar. After a little initial investment however, and the will to grow, be, and make your garden healthier, as well as yourself (you are what you eat), you can very quickly find yourself doing.thus all for free.

There are resources available to get materials for free. You just have to be willing to look, and spend a little extra time. But if.you truly want to be healthy, you'll put down the Miracle-gro, and other chemicals that have no business being.put into your bodies in the first place.

I have yet to find a good gardening.community forum. This is the first of many I've found that seems to have very friendly people who somewhat frequent, and I would love to help in changing the minds of as many as possible.

If at anytime anyone would like to know more, I have a couple hundred thousand people that I can ask if I do not know. I have many documents, articles, and.resources for your reading pleasures.

2. Loading...

3. tothagarden

tothagarden New Seed

And no, I'm not spamming. I am very sincere in my words. I ask nothing of no one, other than to do some research. Look for yourself. Its all freely available.

If there's one thing that will catch your attention.

How does growing the healthiest food possible by yourself, by means of water only sound? Again, composting obviously requires time, but if you don't mind shelling out a few bucks for bags, there are good, healthy sources available. Check craigslist for locals. Support your local community.