Now this is an amazing sight. Red squirrels

Discussion in 'Wildlife in the Garden' started by Tooty2shoes, May 10, 2015.

1. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

DSCN3428.JPG DSCN3438.JPG Opps the pictures loaded in the wrong order. I have always known that Red squirrels are very aggressive with other squirrels. Last year our little Reds as we call them would not let any other squirrels in the yard. Much less at the feeders. Well I almost fell of my chair when I saw this sight out in our yard last week. In the hanging feeder is one of the little Red squirrels we have in our yard. At the base of the tree is one of the Fox squirrels and a Grey squirrel that frequents our feeders. Often we will have 4 Fox squirrels at our feeders, plus 1 or 2 Grey squirrels and often one of the 3 Red squirrels also. I think the Red squirrels are so out numbered by the other squirrels. That they figure it would be safer for them to not start a chasing war, seeing they are so out numbers. We enjoy them all.
    DSCN3440.JPG
    Here is another pic of a grey squirrel that has very unusual ear tufts. In all my years of squirrel watching I have never seen this before. But this Grey squirrel has decided to wear them on her ears. Maybe she thinks it's her spring bonnet.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2015
    vitrsna and Frank like this.
  2. Loading...