Obituary

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Islandlife, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

Sadly this is terribly true. I can remember always having to call my teachers by Mrs X or Mr X and would have never ever dreamed of addressing them by their first name. They were NOT my friend.

I remember being yelled at (justifiably) by neighbours if I was doing something wrong (ok galloping my horse up the sidewalk probably really wasn't the best decision I've ever made).

I only needed to be looked at to add "please, thank you" and knew exactly where I stood in most situations and really never thought of me as being a victim. If I failed a test it was "ME" not having studied and it never crossed my mind to blame somebody or something else. When my team lost the finals it was pretty bitter and we all were upset but we lost. We didn't get medals for being there. We all deep down knew we had to try harder - or - we just were not good enough (in that area) but it didn't mean we'd give up entirely. It meant that sometimes you have to accept the fact you're NOT world class and you don't excel at everything.

R.I.P. CS

[​IMG]

2ofus likes this.
  2. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Sadly I have to mourn his death but will remember him knowing that there'll never be another like him again.:crying:

3. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

I remember him well. My parents taught us to live by him and with him. I hope that we taught our boys to live with him, too. But, we sure know and meet a lot of people who wouldn't recognize him if they met him face to face. dooley

4. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Some can rise from the dead! If we all practice common sense, and try to point out the fallacies of leaving behind the mores and morals of yesteryear, we might get common sense to walk the earth again.

5. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

Sad, but true too often. :sulk: The saddest, to me, is I see it in some of my grandchildren.