OMG! We are in a freeze warning this morning!

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Capt Kirk, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Capt Kirk

Capt Kirk Thank a Veteran today!

We are in a freeze warning this morning! At 5:30 am it was 29 deg. And we will be in another one for Fri. morning too. Last Sat. we hit 80 deg. for a high. The only plant that I am worried about is the Bleeding Heart, it has just started to bloom. 25 miles north of me , it's getting snow flurries.

2. Loading...

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

The weather has just been ridiculous this week! I am back to work trying to get gardens cleaned out, and we have rain, hail, and SNOW! Overnight low tonight -4°C ... where is SPRING?

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Here in Scotland we're actually getting wall to wall sunshine!! We're taking full advantage while it lasts to get as many outside jobs done as possible.

5. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

We have had days in the high 70's to low 80's, and nighttime in the high 50's to 60's. Yesterday we got nearly 2" of rain, which would have been more appreciated in July! I can't get into the soupy flower or vegetable beds, and I have work to do. Fortunately I got the first block of corn planted before the deluge.
    If we had your temps Captain, I'd sit down and cry!

6. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

Our weather is about the same...we are having such strong winds with the cool weather. I have a small bleeding heart and it seems to be doing fine so far. I can't believe it has hearts on it when it is so small