orange and spice

Discussion in 'Recipes and Cooking' started by 102christa, May 5, 2016.

1. 102christa

102christa Seedling

I just love warm fruit! Especially warm bananas, I just nuke them in the microwave and sometimes add some chocolate sprinkles.

I'm doing this diet with my friend now, and although there's no chocolate sprinkles the fruit is what's getting me through it. And since its getting cold over here I want it all hot! I just nuked an orange and it was quite enjoyable, but I'd like to know what spices would enhance the flavour?

I know cinnamon works well for apples and pears, but the internet is not helping with the orange. I got one hot orange drink recipe but I'd like to skip the honey if I can...

Any suggestions?

Sjoerd likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Nutmeg, Cardamom, Clove, Allspice (which is a combination of all the above) Cinnamon works with just about everything try it on the orange and see what you think.

4. 102christa

102christa Seedling

Thanks Toni! I can't wait to try :)

5. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Let us know how they taste with the orange. They are the spices when I think of Autumn and citrus.

Advertisement
  6. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

We eat an Indonesian thing here called "pisang goreng".It is a banana slice coated in batter and fried.

I have also eaten a thing that might be called a Coconut and banana fritter. You might try those. If these two things are really compastable with loosing weight, I dunno.

102christa likes this.
  7. mart

mart Strong Ash

We used to broil grapefruit halves with a bit of brown sugar or regular sugar. You might try the same thing,, or nuked, with the artificial brown sugar sweetener. Might even be good with regular artificial sweetener and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
    Many fruits are excellent stewed Plums, figs, peaches, nectarines or a combo of most any fruit. Just cut into chunks, simmered a few minutes with a little juice or water and sweetener. Keep in fridge. Then whenever the hunger strikes just nuke a few and add a spoonful of non dairy cool whip lite.
    Peaches and nectarines are excellent stewed with some pickling spice and sweetener.
    Darn,, those sound good to me right now. Being a diabetic I am an expert on using artificial sweetener,,"most of the time".:)

Last edited: May 8, 2016
    102christa likes this.