Our Home is so empty without her.

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Tooty2shoes, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

This morning we took our sweet little Tootsie to the vet and had her put to sleep. For the past 3 months she was having some health issues. So 4weeks ago we had a blood test done and it came back that she had cancer. :crying::( The were not sure what kind but it didn't matter at that point.
    So we had her on pain meds. and it got to the point that her quality of life was not good. So we decided to have her put to sleep. We could not even be in the room when they did it. She was such a special little dog.
    She never chewed up anything, had a sweet and gentle personality. Except when it came to squirrels. Was a great traveler and loved to go for golf cart rides. I know my hubby really misses her as she always sat on his lap. When he got up to go to somewhere in the house. She would follow him around waiting for him to sit down again so she could jump in his lap.
    But when she wasn't feeling good she became Mom's dog. She always wanted me to hold her and sit next to me.
    She had us wrapped around her sweet little dog paws, and we loved it. I am sure we will see her some day again in Heaven. At least that is what I want to believe. This picture is how I will always see her. Happy and smiling because she was spending time with us.
    [http://ps-garden-t.s3.amazonaws.com...arden-image.php?image_id=25142&user_id=12843][​IMG][/URL]
    Lets go for a boat ride. ( photo / image / picture from Tooty2shoes's Garden )

2. Loading...

3. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Oh honey :( Oh I'm so sorry. There's nothing I can say to make this easier for you and yours, so I won't even try. Pets are family. The last one I had to let go, our Lucky dog, family pet for 20+ years...well, there was a period I thought I wasn't going to recover from that.

You were kind to your sweet Tootsie. The kindest thing we can do for our pets, the most loving thing in payment for their unconditional love and devotion, is to help them pass when it's time. You did that for her, in spite of how much it hurt you, you did that. Kudos.

Tooty2shoes likes this.
  4. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Very sorry to hear about Tootsie. What age was she Tooty? What a sweet face. I think you did the right thing in the end.

Tooty2shoes likes this.
  5. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

SO sorry for your loss. Tootsie had a great life with you and for that you should be proud.
    Rest in Peace Tootsie

Tooty2shoes likes this.

Advertisement
  6. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

It's so hard to make that final decision but it's the last, loving thing we can do for our pets. She's free from pain now and would, I'm sure, thank you for making her life so wonderful and her passing so peaceful.

Tooty2shoes likes this.
  7. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

May I offer my sincere sympathies? You did what was best for your beloved pet--not easy for you, but the best.
    Having lost our greatly loved cat almost two years ago, and still grieving for her, we understand a bit what you are going through. In a few months, years, you'll be able to recall all the silly, funny, loving things and remember what a gift that pet was.

Tooty2shoes likes this.
  8. CJay

CJay In Flower

Im sorry hon. I really am.

Tooty2shoes likes this.
  9. Kay

Kay Girl with Green Thumbs

That's too bad. It really does leave such an emptiness. So sorry.

Tooty2shoes likes this.
  10. kate

kate In Flower

Sorry you have lost Tootsie Tootie2shoes!!
    I hope your broken hearts soon mend.
    Goodnight and God bless Tootsie!!
    K

Tooty2shoes likes this.
  11. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Thank you all for your sweet words of comfort and encouragement.

We had her in our lives for 13yrs. But that time seems to go by so fast and you wish is could last forever. My hubby is having a harder time with her gone. She was his little shadow from the time he got up until we went to bed. She always wanted him to sit down so she could sit on his lap. Often we would be standing somewhere in the house and my honey would say--have you seen Tooty. I would look over at him as say--just turn around and there she was. We would get a chuckle out of that

She was a sort of stealth shadow. You would be looking for her and there she was right behind you and you didn't know it. Yes it is going to take quite sometime for our hearts to heal. But we do have so many happy memories of her funny little ways.

We would always play the I'm going to eat your food game before bedtime. She would wait until you would come up to her dish of food and say---I'm going to eat your food. Pushing your foot closer to her bowl. She then would jump up, run to her bowl and stand growling over your foot. Then she would eat her food. We would also do that with her stuffed animal toys. She thought they were going to eat her food and would do the same thing to them usually pushing them out of the way.

You get into such a routine when these sweet animals are a part of our lives. Our routines seem disjointed right now, but I know that will pass also. We were so blessed to have her in our lives.

2ofus and eileen like this.
  12. mart

mart Strong Ash

I am so sorry you lost your beloved dog. But I know that doesn`t help much. I guess God needed her !

Tooty2shoes likes this.
  13. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Sorry to hear of your loss. Often our lives center around our pets. Their ever present love brings us so much joy. Countless words for our pets are spoken and then the silence is heartbreaking. Their presence is only in our memory and pictures. Those thoughts will be with us forever. If there is a dog heaven I'm sure tootsie is there, looking down.

Jerry

Tooty2shoes likes this.
  14. majorcatfish

majorcatfish New Seed

so sorry for your loss remember they will always be in your thoughts and they will be next to you. over time you will feel their kiss and will smile..
    xoxoxoxo
    005 - Copy.JPG

eileen, Tooty2shoes and Frank like this.
  15. cajuncappy

cajuncappy In Flower

Peggy and I grieve with you, knowing well how it feels having recently gone the same thing. We had already spent over 3000$ on Visits and meds and the cancer kept spreading we hung on prolly too long but finally had to do it. We too still grieve and our younger dog Beaux grieved too.

Tooty2shoes likes this.
  16. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Thank you Mart, Jerry, Major, and Cajun for your sweet words of comfort and encouragement. Those furry loved ones sure do become such a part of ones family. Their love shows us how much God loves us. Dog spelled backwards is God. They love us no matter what. No other animal on earth does that. I am so thankful for all the doggy family members I have had over the years. Each one special and such individuals.
    Cajun--Tooty also had cancer and we just could not see her suffer through it. When she started to go off in the house and sit all alone we knew it was her way of telling us it was time.
    But still it brings tears to our eye's in remembering her sweet little smile.

majorcatfish likes this.