Pakistani-styled vegetable pickles!

Discussion in 'Recipes and Cooking' started by S-H, Jun 7, 2015.

1. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

vitrsna likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. vitrsna

vitrsna Seedling

Ohhh, it looks like something i would eat way too much of and it also looks beautiful. I would like to find some in a jar but i expect it would not be as good as nani's:)

S-H likes this.
  4. vitrsna

vitrsna Seedling

Do you know if it can be purchased online?

5. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

Try not to, even though it can be found on the web - As I cannot guess or guarantee how it will reach you on the other side of the world... So it is always better to make it yourself. Or buy it from a local store, as that too would have been made recently. Because I honestly have no idea how artificial preservatives will effect this kind of a product. And regulations do very strictly dictate that artificial preservatives must be added to such perishable products destined for a really long haul journey...

But if you like to give it a try anyway, then just go here:
    http://shop.khanapakana.com/national-mixed-pickle-in-oil-1-kg-35-27-oz/

Advertisement
  6. vitrsna

vitrsna Seedling

You are right...they would only be really good made fresh. I have so little time for cooking and food preparation and i definitely don't cook for fun. I like so much more to be outside than stuck in a kitchen for hours at a time. My 3 best friends all married men who liked to cook for fun and relaxation. And what did i get? 2 husbands (not at the same time) who claimed they could not make toast. This was a little dream of mine from an early age...some dreams come true and some don't:rolleyes:

S-H likes this.
  7. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

Actually I'm more concerned about the unknown carcinogenic tendencies of some artificial food preservatives. Because one year scientists say that such and such chemical is not harmful to humans, while a few years after this Earth shatteringly bold statement they tell us that it was unimaginable destructive (to humans, plants, animals, birds, as well as fish) - Remember DDT??? The chemical everybody couldn't stop calling the miracle pesticide? Yeah, that's the example which is always circling in my mind...
    :dizzy: :eek: :confused: :(
    So although I have been trained in some highly technical fields - Organic chemistry and biology are not the skills I am proficient in... Which is why I like to play it safe. Also, almost everything exported out of Pakistan towards the West usually goes through the United Arab Emirates, mainly their city of Dubai - Which at this time of the year is unimaginably hot. So any food product going out now, will experience a lot of heat. So unless it is in powdered form, or delivered by air, don't buy it. Because A, it will either be spoiled by the time it reaches you. Or B, it will have too many artificial food preservatives in it...

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
    vitrsna likes this.