Pest problems

Discussion in 'Plant Pests, Diseases and Weeds' started by Greenqueen, May 26, 2014.

1. Greenqueen

Greenqueen New Seed

Hi there, I have lots of plants and flowers in my backyard and also a fenced vegetable garden. A few weeks ago I noticed that roses from a bush were missing. I have knockout roses around but they were in tact. It is only this one bush that looses every new rose. It almost looks like the rose has been clipped.

In my vegetable garden the leavesvof my pepper plant are vanishing. Entire leaves.

Please help because I am afraid that soon I will loose all my vegetables.

[​IMG]
    ( photo / image / picture from Greenqueen's Garden )

[​IMG]
    ( photo / image / picture from Greenqueen's Garden )
    :(

moderator's note: moved topic to more appropriate forum

2. Loading...

3. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Sounds like you have a hungry critter.

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Some sort of animal appears to be visiting your garden. Do you have rabbits or deer where you are? It looks as though something is biting off the leaves and buds and eating them.

5. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Rabbits, deer groundhogs...any of them will eat your garden to a nub. Maybe try spraying everything with a hot pepper based repellent.

You could try a have a heart trap to trap them/it if it is a rodent, but you must then kill the animal, not re-release it elsewhere. That is unappreciated by those who would be in the area of the release location and cruel to an animal, not having it's own territory anymore. Others that are already there will fight it and try to kill it, too. Then there is the issue of water. Can it find water? or is it going to die of thirst....but releasing it elsewhere is not the best thing to do.