Please put the armadillo on the fridge

Discussion in 'Recipes and Cooking' started by marlingardener, May 10, 2016.

1. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

We have an ice maker in our refrigerator, and I often forget to turn it off. The result is an ice bin that resembles an Arctic glacier.
    My husband found a cute refrigerator magnet of an armadillo, and when the ice maker is on, the magnet is on the refrigerator. It's a reminder that has worked (so far).
    A friend was over, sitting in the kitchen and visiting while I blanched some vegetables for freezing. I used quite a bit of ice to cool the veggies down, so I turned on the ice maker. You should have seen my friend's face when I asked my husband to please put the armadillo on the fridge!

EJ, Philip Nulty, Droopy and 2 others like this.
  2. Loading...

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Your ice maker doesn't have an arm that stops production automatically when the ice level gets to the top of the bucket? That's the only way we prevent having an overflow cause those cutsey little reminders thingies are useless around here.
    I tried to teach my family about the one that goes on the dishwasher....Clean/Dirty....for some reason they just could never get the hang of it.

Philip Nulty likes this.
  4. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

:chuckle: I have to admit it sounds a bit strange, but once you explained it makes perfect sense.

5. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Toni, if we had an arm to turn off the ice maker, we wouldn't need the 'dillo! At least the dishwasher has a light that goes on when the cycle is finished. Appliances were supposed to make our lives easier. It seems that for some of us, appliances make life more complicated. I guess the time we don't spend washing dishes or filling ice cube trays can be spent trying to figure out how to cope with our appliances!
    Glad it made sense to you Droopy. I'm still trying to explain it to my friend.

Droopy likes this.