Pottery and Porcelain - Aladdins Cave.

Discussion in 'Hobbies and Crafts' started by Sydney Smith, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Sydney Smith

Sydney Smith In Flower

DSC_0013.JPG A few more creamers

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
  2. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

Very nice....not a collector but I love your home. It looks so warm and inviting.

3. Sydney Smith

Sydney Smith In Flower

Hi Sherry8. Thank you and glad you like it. It is nice and cosy but sizewise just the average smallish UK bungalow. I always envy you folks in US with things much more spacious and spread out than here.
    I think all our collected items spread about all over the place and on shelves and walls helps to make it look more lived in.
    Thanks again and best wishes to you. Syd.

Sherry8 likes this.
  4. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

I was just at an estate sale a week ago and they had a pitcher and bowl set that the bowl sat underneath it. It was blue & white and it was just beautiful but the price was high...way too high. I should have bid on it that way if no one paid the full price they would take someone's bid if they thought it was alright. We will be downsizing in a few years so I tried my hardest to cut back on buying things I really don't need.

Advertisement
  5. Sydney Smith

Sydney Smith In Flower

Hi Sherry8. The Pitcher & Bowl you mention sounds very attractive. Blue and white generally was always first love in my collecting and studying and still is really though this has had floral etc added to it over these later years - I love all nice china.
    Likewise I also liked to get around sales of all kinds and even if prices too high to buy it was still great to look at it all - sadly cannot do it now.
    All my looking now is on Ebay and similar sites and there is always a fascinating selection of all types - apart from looking at it all oftentimes it is possible to identify unknown items owned from comparisons on there.
    Again best wishes to you and any pics of your collected items would be great to see. Syd.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
  6. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

I will have to try some other time...I am trying to post pictures from my camera and they won't load here very good.

Attached Files:

7. Sydney Smith

Sydney Smith In Flower

Hi. It would be very interesting to see them if poss. Best wishes. Syd.