Primroses on sale for $0.50!

Discussion in 'Flower Gardening' started by Beeker, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Beeker

Beeker In Flower

Got laid off from work so I've been feeling low. BUT
    I saw the most charming primroses for sale at the discount store up the street! They have always made me smile, and I love when they multiply. So, I figured that 50 cents wouldn't harm me too much. Such a small price for a bit of happiness in a tough time.
    The nor'easter was just starting to blow in, so I bought it, gently placed it in my winter cap and brought it safely home. I think it is happy to be here. The rest of the plants that were left over were starting to die. I would have bought them all, but I figured I shouldn't push it.

Frank likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I just picked up some Primroses too Beeker. We got 24 for £4.99 (approx. 21p each) so they'll fill my two hanging baskets nicely. Fingers crossed we'll both have lovely flowers in the near future. :-D

Beeker likes this.
  4. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

Sorry to hear you were laid off of work, hopefully it won't be too long. I am getting a little nervous about my husband retiring....the first year hopefully won't be a challenge. We think we have it planned out, we will see.

Primroses are so pretty and I did notice some at our stores. Enjoy!

5. Beeker

Beeker In Flower

Thank you.
    I hope all goes well for your husband's retirement.

I considered getting another primrose if they still have some at the store. Another store had them for $1.25 each. Now, I'm more happy about the deal I got!
    I just want to try to keep these longer. Last time I had them, they lasted about 3 years and multiplied. I am not sure, but I think they got powdery mildew and died. I now more then I did then, so I think the odds are in my favor this time.