Renovated Bedroom, need paint color recos r/o pics

Discussion in 'Choosing Colors' started by ddavila2001, Sep 7, 2008.

1. ddavila2001

ddavila2001 New Seed

Hi All,

I've been steadily redecorating my bedroom and am almost done! I am just waiting for my bed linens and I wanted to paint one wall with a nice focal color. Below are some pics of what the color scheme currently looks like:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was looking to hang my art collage on the wall as well. I was toying with the idea of a pale robin egg blue, warm, light pink or a buttery light yellow.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

2. Loading...

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Lovely room, you have done a great job.

What color are the walls now, they appear to have a pale yellow color to them.
    I only see two things that are blue in the room, so possibly painting one wall a robins egg blue would be too much of a contrast...standing out like a sore thumb so to speak. Being so different from anything in the room might take away from the art collage you want to hang there and that should be your emphasis instead of a wall color.

If there is a soft pink in the drapes or bedlinens then that might work for one wall. I think the light buttery yellow might be best. Neither of which would overpower your art.

4. ddavila2001

ddavila2001 New Seed

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback! I think you are right regarding the blue and I never thought about it possibly taking away from the art.
    The color that is already there is like an eggshell, I think the poor lighting in my photos might have made it appear a bit more yellow than it already is!

My bed linens (when they will be finished) are white with a fuschia embroidered trim which picks up the color from my carpet. My curtains which you can see in the reflection in the first picture are an indian fabric with bits of pink,blue and gold. I was thinking of painting the wall pink, but is that too much pink?

I appreciate your opinion, thanks much!

5. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

The following comment comes from someone who has never been fond of the color pink......I do think it would be too much pink ;)
    But at the same time, it would really depend on which color sets off the art work better.

A pale yellow would be more of a neutral color behind the art than the pink, but it the art pieces look better with the pink than the yellow then you might want to go with it but in a very, very light shade.