Seed catalogs came today!

Discussion in 'Gardening Other' started by dooley, Dec 28, 2011.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

I have two seed catalogs. One from Gurney who want to give me a $100.00 gift card if I order $200.00 worth of stuff out of the catalog. I don't think I have room for $200.00 worth of stuff in my small garden. The other was from Territorial Gardens. It's rather expensive. The cheapest seeds I saw were $2.75 and that was a sample pak. I did go through them and mark everything I would like to order if I had space and no worry about how much I was spending. They have some new varieties that I would like to try. I'll think about those but I will probably just go to Lowe's or Home Depot and buy seeds. For flowers sometimes those that are 4 pks for $1.00 work. I just mix them all up and plant them.
    dooley

2. Loading...

3. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Dooley,
    I haven't gotten my Gurneys' yet. They must like you better than they like me!
    I know what you mean about the expensive seeds in some catalogs. There are things I'd like to try, but at $3.75 for five seeds, the experiment is just too costly.
    If you want reasonable priced seeds, in packet sizes for the home gardener, take a look at Pinetree Seeds http://www.superseeds.com
    I've ordered from them for several years, and have always been pleased with the service and the seeds.

4. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

At this point I would not mind if any of a half dozen or so would show up. Winter is 8 days old(groan) spring is only 83 days away :) must remain optimistic.

Jerry

5. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I have gotten about a half dozen since November but only kept four of them. Pinetree, Wildflower Farms (in south Texas), High Country Gardens (my favorite for plants) and R.H. Shumway's (which is very cool catalog)
    I have orders ready for Pinetree and Wildflower Farms. ;)

Advertisement
  6. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

I was afraid the seed companies no longer loved me, but I got Shumway's, Henry Field's, and Jung's today in the mail. Whoopee!

7. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

I got Burpee and Jung catalogues today! :D *happy dance*

8. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

I must ignore this temptation to jump into the world of seed catalogs. I MUST ignore this temptation to jump into the world of seed catalogs. I MUST IGNORE this temptation to jump into the world of seed catalogs. :stew2:
    (I don't think repeating it 3 times is working!)

9. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Cheryl, why deny yourself the pleasure of wandering through perennials, vegetables from Asia, and native flowers? Go for the seed catalogs, order seed catalogs, curl up and read seed catalogs! Then click your red slippers and go to your garden . . . .

10. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Oh ya. Seed catalogs are my dream gardens in print since I don't have the space either. Although I'm told by some that I have a lot of space between my ears. Now I wonder what I could plant there? :D :D