Snow in Eastern Canada

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Netty, Mar 22, 2015.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Gosh that's absolutely incredible and scary.:smt103 I've never seen snow as deep as that before. I just hope that it melts very slowly or there could be reports of flooding next.

4. Riccur

Riccur Seedling

The snow is awful if you are the one who has to deal with it. I was lucky we had a good amount of snowfall up in Canada this year because I took a weekend vacation up to the Hotel de Glace, which was fantastic with all the snow that was up there. It is always nice to see the snow, but not have to have it in your daily life.

5. Chrisle

Chrisle In Flower

Netty, thanks for posting the link. I sat here laughing at all the piles of snow and how people are digging out from massive drifts. Ya you really have to see it to believe it. My bird feeders are full, but still buried in the snow. I told DH that the chickadees were out there with their little shovels digging a tunnel to get at their supper. I would help them, but the snow is too deep and then he would have to dig me out! :eek: We are a good natured bunch in the east and take all this in stride.:D

Netty likes this.

Advertisement
  6. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

While we haven't had even half that amount of snowfall here, I know how it can shut everything down. I hope everyone there was well stocked, and there were no deaths from it. When our road and driveway gets filled in with lots of snow, I always worry what would happen in the cast of an emergency. I'm trying to imagine what we would do if that happened here ... How do people DEAL with that amount of snow? When it gets really deep here they bring in giant machines with blowers, not sure if that would work for that amount of snow. How are the roads cleared? And things like heating exhaust vents ... the houses would fill up with carbon monoxide and you wouldn't even be able to open a window! How would you ever clear the snow away from them? Just fetching firewood would be an exhausting adventure!!

7. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

That is unbelievably scary! As I looked at the pictures, I was trying to imagine myself dealing with that amount of snow, and I just drew a blank! I've dealt with snow most of my life but never that much.