Some kind of bug - bean, cucumber and pea sprouts affected

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by Anonymous, Jun 2, 2005.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some kind of bug or creature seems to be getting to and eating several of our vegetables. The bean, cucumber and pea sprouts mostly are affected as soon as they start to grow. Does anyone know what it can be and what I can do to get rid of it and/or prevent it?
    Thanks!

2. Loading...

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Hey there! :) Welcome to the GardenStew forums :wave: Why not introduce yourself to the rest of the community here http://www.gardenstew.com/viewtopic.php?t=3

Have you seen the bug or do you just find your vegetables eaten? It would be extremely helpful if you could describe what they look like... Any further details would be great. :headscratch:

4. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

If you don't see a bug on your plants during the day, wait until it is very dark and go out with a flashlight. A lot of bugs do their damage at night and you can see them with the flashlight. That's how I found the earwigs that eat my plants. Dooley

5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Welcome to GardenStew!!! :D

Could very well be slugs or snails but would need more info to help you out further. Hope you catch the culprit before all your veggies are ruined.