Spoils of last Saturdays junque foraging excursion

Discussion in 'Garden Junk' started by toni, Feb 16, 2016.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Our routine about 3 times a year is driving down highway 377 from Ft. Worth to Granbury, stopping at 3 really great hunting spots and one mediocre one.....then to Garcia's for an early supper. And sometimes stopping at Witherspoons in Granbury again if we time it right.

The planter and hanging basket and one of the painted cans will be hanging on the front porch area this year, one of the painted cans will hold a Spider plant in the bathroom.
    J.planter.JPG

J.plantpots.JPG

I just could not resist this, don't know where it will go but it was too good to leave there.
    J.lamp.JPG

The fencing will be part of the small faerie garden that is slowly taking shape in the front bed next to the house.
    J.Fencing.JPG

I don't know for sure yet, but it was only $5.
    J.screen.JPG

I have go to stop collecting little tables and such, don't have any idea what I will do with this.
    But I have it for when the perfect idea comes to me.
    J.greencab.JPG

This will become the faucet for the bathroom sink when we get it done. And the wood cabinet will be in there too.

J.sinkfaucet.JPG

J.bathmed.JPG

And this appears to have been a home made beauty shop cabinet, it was really cheap so it will become part of the partition wall in the back room dividing my gardening 'shed' area from Randy's work shop. We have an old door that he will attach to the back of it, add a couple of shelves using some old shutters and then I will have more storage and workspace out there. It has a really deep drawer and a large space below for more storage.
    J.cabinet.JPG

J.Cabinetinside.JPG

waretrop, 2ofus, Droopy and 1 other person like this.
  2. Loading...

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

My favourite is the wood cabinet Toni :like: Great finds and don't worry you'll find a use for everything!

4. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Ooooh Toni, I just love that green pie shelf! It would look great in my kitchen ;)

waretrop likes this.
  5. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Oh, the jug! Or coffee pot, whatever. Lovely things, all of them. Those little cupboards are very nice. I'm looking forward to seeing the fairy garden.

Advertisement
  6. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

I want to go junque-ing with you!!! There are no junk stores around here...just Antique stores with expensive $$ junk in them.

7. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I find some of the best things at Antique Malls.....one owner of the building rents out 'stalls' to other people who fill them up with goodies. Many of them are located at the far back of the shop and I noticed last weekend that more of the stall renters are figuring out how popular real junque is and starting to include it in their inventory. Prices are varied with some thinking they will put a child or ten through college with the junque they have and some who are very reasonable.

waretrop likes this.
  8. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

toni, You are by far the greatest junker that I know....I know allot of them.....So you made my go Google your route. THAT IS ONLY ONE HOUR driving time. There are allot of 'tiquing places along the way there. I would love to be a lil mouse in your glove box.....You have such a great imagination about these things.

Frank likes this.
  9. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

Such great finds....I haven't been in a thrift store since my husband retired. He isn't into things like that yet...( I am trying to get him interested) but I always loved to look for things like that.