spring is sprung here...

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by AAnightowl, Mar 25, 2015.

1. AAnightowl

AAnightowl Young Pine

Hi everyone! Sorry I have not been here over the winter. I no longer have internet at
    home and come to town when I can get here and use the public computers for internet.

Here where I am, spring has sprung. The daffodils are blooming, the forsythias are beginning to bloom, and everything is putting out buds and starting to grow. We are expecting a bit of a cold front over the weekend, so winter is not yet done here. Last year we had very cold weather in early May, so who knows. I know we sometimes get snow here in mid April or so, Old Timers call it "Blackberry Winter" because it usually happens when the blackberries are in bloom.

I did get some manure hauled to some of my veggie garden beds. I have raised beds that ought
    to be in my pictures someplace. So far, I have planted two rows of potatoes--store potatoes that had started
    sprouting, so why not. I have a row of carrot seeds planted, and I put two kinds of lettuce in with my Egyptian walking onions and garlic. One is romaine lettuce, but I have forgotten the other kind. I will have to ask at the store where I bought it last year because they sell it in bulk every year. There is tons of weeding to do around my yard, brush to burn, leaves to haul to my compost heap, etc. But we have had a bit of mild weather to give everyone Spring Fever.

I suppose some of you have heard on the news about a terrible shooting of 7 people here in Southern Mo the end of February? Two of the dead were dear friends of mine. It is just unbelievable.

Otherwise we are good here, and I am keeping busy outdoors in my garden.

2. Loading...

3. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

Hi...glad you are doing alright. Sorry to hear about your friends, there are so many getting killed all over it is hard to remember all of the areas. :( Sorry to hear your internet is gone but it is nice that you have other means to keep in touch.

no gardening yet here in Wisconsin, it will be about a month at least. We did have snow overnight but if it doesn't melt today before the cold weather steps in again, we will have to wait for next weeks warm up. Take care and visit us again..:like:
    I have been dreaming about gardening and had to go and look at some of my pictures from last year... July 21, 2014 054 (2).jpg