Springtime Work In The Lottie

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by Sjoerd, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

PHILIP--Thanks much. That compost was really nice stuff. It felt and smelled perfect to me. The bride and I both felt proud of that compost.

Thanks so much CAROLYN--It was a lot of work, rewarding work.

2. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

Thank you Sjoerd, it is the yard at the side of the house. The wall is the perimeter of the garden so it is something like a walled garden in UK :) Would like to put some garden furniture there but I think the mosquitos would carry me away!
    No those are not curtains but just some kind of fungus growing on the wall. I refused to get it painted because when the sun is out it is very glaring and I like it natural.:stew1::stew2:

Sjoerd likes this.
  3. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Wow...I see it now. Boy, my bride and I both had a total misconception. she did think that there was a water feature there thought with little islands where the plants are. She found it all very tidy and neat. We both had to laugh at ourselves when you told that it was fungus and not curtains. Dear, oh dear.
    It is logical that you would not have had pools of water there because of the mozzies. Man, Dengue and Malaria would be really diffident to combat there then.

Anyhow...thanks for clearing that up for us, mate.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  4. hummerbum

hummerbum Young Pine

Again, Sjoerd...you never disappoint. Can't wait for the plants to start peeping through the soil. That compose is amazing...I miss my double barrel for making compose.
    Eileen..what is the segment number where you were on Gardener's World? I love Gardener's World.

Sjoerd likes this.

Advertisement
  5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Sjoerd had looked at Gardener's World to see what the weather was like here in Scotland but I never checked anything on their site myself - sorry.

Sjoerd likes this.
  6. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Hee,hee,hee....I meant that I watched the friday show of Gardners' World...the weather forecast was part of that show. Gardners' World is on again tonight here and in G.B. I never miss an episode. I am glad that they are an hour long now.

Thanks so much, Hummer. I am really anxious to see them peeking through, but we have had such an extended cold spell here that I am afraid that it shall be some time. I was supposed to go into the bees today but it was far too cold. Burrrrrr